Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Wikiposts

Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Originally Posted by ann m
Thanks guys - most of the route was OK - icy in patches. Safely home now.
Red Deer is much bigger than I thought it was !! And it was -30 when we pulled in at 8.15 (t'was a balmy -28 when I left home ).

Mmm, I'm starting to get a sense of humour failure now. A neighbour said this is one of the coldest winters here for about 30 years (can't be bothered to look that up right now) - but December came in with such a chilly blast that did not let up, and -28 again last night was just not funny any more.

The clocks have changed, it's still sunny at 7pm. I need heat, people!
They had a weather expert on the radio yesterday who said this is the coldest winter for 11 years but the pay off will be this summer as it's supposed to be the warmest summer for ages - then we'll all be moaning how hot it is and trying to get sold out fans and air conditioning units
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:23 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
They had a weather expert on the radio yesterday who said this is the coldest winter for 11 years but the pay off will be this summer as it's supposed to be the warmest summer for ages - then we'll all be moaning how hot it is and trying to get sold out fans and air conditioning units
Was he from Environment Canada?

Their June, July, August forecast is for above average temps, but it also says above average precipitation.

Temperature forecast June, July & August: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/saiso...g=ccatemp_06_s

Precipitation Forecast June, July & August: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/saiso...g=ccapcpn_06_s
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

priestess is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Saltlick! Their potatoes are absolutely delicious. Unfortunatelly I've just moved and had to look for new places. I've just found two other Italian restaurants in the area at
http://www.bestmealdeals.com/
And I like the idea of printing vouchers from the classifieds cos you're always offered something extra .