Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

what's wrong with you lot?

what's wrong with you lot?

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:56 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default what's wrong with you lot?

this'll be a good one....can't wait for the replies! give all you whinging, whinning, limey, poms and luddites something to real moan about....

i've not been on ex-pats for a long time and it appears to be for good reason! are your lives that dull and uninteresting, that all you've got left to do in life is to moan.....especially the lot who are fortunate enough to get to the point where alot of you would like to be....IN CANADA......

moaning about the olympics for starters! good lordy guys...one of the best shows on earth, fun, mostly free, happy un-troubled times, gold after gold, amazing weather, no bombs, a little light hearted drunkeness etc etc and all you can do is bemoan.....

bugger off back to the UK.....maybe the 2012 olympics is more up your street? yobs, booze, drugs...oh! bad sportsmanship to boot....

good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:08 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what's wrong with you lot?

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
this'll be a good one....can't wait for the replies! give all you whinging, whinning, limey, poms and luddites something to real moan about....

i've not been on ex-pats for a long time and it appears to be for good reason! are your lives that dull and uninteresting, that all you've got left to do in life is to moan.....especially the lot who are fortunate enough to get to the point where alot of you would like to be....IN CANADA......

moaning about the olympics for starters! good lordy guys...one of the best shows on earth, fun, mostly free, happy un-troubled times, gold after gold, amazing weather, no bombs, a little light hearted drunkeness etc etc and all you can do is bemoan.....

bugger off back to the UK.....maybe the 2012 olympics is more up your street? yobs, booze, drugs...oh! bad sportsmanship to boot....

good luck.
I can find all three in Regina.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:16 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you whinging and whinning, even limey and poms. But luddites - I think you'd best go and look that one up in a dictionary.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:36 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

good luck.
I agree with what you say but unfortunately hypocrisy reared it's head within your last paragraph

And as Alan suggests, you may want to look up the meaning of luddite
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:50 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

good luck.
What's your point? All lives are dull and boring, laced with quiet desperation.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oink
I hope mine isn't....
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:26 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I was pondering this the other day: Canada has turned me into a Luddite. At least as far as cellphones are concerned. The enormous costs of receiving and making calls, data transmission etc. means that I have no interest in having the latest smartphone here, whereas I would in the UK. This whole mobile connectivity phenomen is passing me by........
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:30 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I was pondering this the other day: Canada has turned me into a Luddite. At least as far as cellphones are concerned. The enormous costs of receiving and making calls, data transmission etc. means that I have no interest in having the latest smartphone here, whereas I would in the UK. This whole mobile connectivity phenomen is passing me by........
Have you looked at google voice? I know next to nothing of it but my daughter and her associate use it to yack long distance for free on their cellphones.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:31 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Wholly agree. I just want a phone that makes and receives calls. The only gizmo I need with it is GSM. I don't want text messaging, GSM, games, internet.......
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Wholly agree. I just want a phone that makes and receives calls. The only gizmo I need with it is GSM. I don't want text messaging, GSM, games, internet.......
I had a brief flirtation with text messaging but, now that I have a Crackberry, it's easier to use email all the time. Voice and text have fallen by the wayside.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:36 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

good luck.
Your point may have had a little more resonance had you peppered your post with the correct capitalisation rather than saving it all for three words..

Perhaps you previously lived in a country where being able to write like an adult was considered "cool" & now you find yourself in an area where basic literacy is not considered as vital.. Should this be the case then well done..

I would also like to congratulate you on your appreciation of lighthearted drunkenness, I'm sure everyone lucky enough to witness your mildly intoxicated japery delighted in your hilarious antics.. It's so sad that the Brits resort to using "booze" to achieve the same euphoria..
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:49 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

good luck.
Hang on a second.. isnt this a post moaning about the moaning? Im confused If you cant beat them join them I suppose!

I see no good coming from this thread...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:41 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I am without GHD's does that make me a luddite?

Please say yes - then my OH will HAVE to buy me a new pair.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

good luck.

For me personally the long winters....after a while they start to really pis* you off....apart from that I am OK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.