British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   What's with Tim Hortons? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/whats-tim-hortons-533171/)

rgilbert Apr 29th 2008 7:44 pm

What's with Tim Hortons?

I have seen many posts about how great Tim Hortons. I have seen the Tim Hortons stores when in Canada. I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

I'm over in Canada again in July so wondering whether I need to try myself a Tim Hortons.

TheCanes Apr 29th 2008 7:49 pm

Re: What's with Tim Hortons?

Originally Posted by rgilbert (Post 6284740)
I have seen many posts about how great Tim Hortons. I have seen the Tim Hortons stores when in Canada. I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

I'm over in Canada again in July so wondering whether I need to try myself a Tim Hortons.

OMG!!! You've never been to Tim's??? :eek:

they do the most amazing cinnamon buns, and I also love their vanilla coffee!!! Definitely one reason to move to Canada (although not very good for the waistline. ;)

mc_dub Apr 29th 2008 7:50 pm

Their doughnuts are nice but you're not missing a damn thing, just that North Americans have a weird fetish for coffee and this one is a purely Canadian firm named after a hockey player

TheCanes Apr 29th 2008 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by mc_dub (Post 6284763)
Their doughnuts are nice but you're not missing a damn thing, just that North Americans have a weird fetish for coffee and this one is a purely Canadian firm named after a hockey player

I'm shocked!!! :eek: :blink:

mc_dub Apr 29th 2008 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanes (Post 6284766)
I'm shocked!!! :eek: :blink:

I'm not, don't understand their fascination for wings and ribs either

walkerv05 Apr 29th 2008 7:54 pm

its the canadian way of life!!!:p going to timmies for a double double, (DOUBLE CREAM AND SUGAR) and their doughnuts are fab too:)

LorraineG Apr 29th 2008 8:05 pm

Sour creme glazed Timbits - does it for me every time!

edsask Apr 29th 2008 8:20 pm

I was mystified by the mystique of Timmy's too, but then I had a chocolate dip doughnut and I thought I'd gone to heaven. The coffee's good, too.

canbritdenise Apr 29th 2008 8:32 pm

I think to gain citizenship you have to like timms. Its the law:p

TheCanes Apr 29th 2008 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by canbritdenise (Post 6284940)
I think to gain citizenship you have to like timms. Its the law:p

In that case we should get citizenship now, let alone PR. ;)

wonderwoman Apr 29th 2008 8:46 pm

Mmmmmm, Sausage and egg breakfast sandwich, with a large vanilla coffee, a very guilty pleasure after the kids have gone to school........or maybe a honey dip donut or timbits..........Mmmm

Nanook Apr 29th 2008 8:49 pm

Canadian born and bred and I've never tasted anything from Tim Hortons,
but I do remember watching him play hockey....:lol:

clynnog Apr 29th 2008 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by rgilbert (Post 6284740)
I have never been into them or drank their coffee, hot chocolate etc. Am I really missing something?

To me the coffee is very bland and under-brewed (if that is such a term). I sometimes have a muffin, but the doughnuts leave me cold.

Their coffee is sort of like Molson Canadian/Labatts Blue....bland and not too challenging.

My opinion is not held by many true blue Canajuns.

Owning a TDL franchise is a license to print money, IIRC. Their franchise fees are amongst the highest in the business.

Novocastrian Apr 29th 2008 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 6285026)
Canadian born and bred and I've never tasted anything from Tim Hortons,
but I do remember watching him play hockey....:lol:

Score one out of two then. I've never been in a Timmies and I don't watch hockey.

Elaine B. Apr 29th 2008 8:54 pm

BTW Tim Hortons is now American owned.