What would you do?

Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

This is ridiculous... What is wrong with people?

It reminded me of the news in Calgary this week. A lady was run over then run over again and lay there dying and people drove around her. Makes me sad stuff like this!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Very interesting experiment.

Experiment?

I read it was done to promote a movie.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:39 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Has anyone ever intervened in a fight? I tried to stop someone thumping his girlfriend and was soundly thumped too. That did prompt others to help though, it seems you can thump your gf but not someone else.
Not a fight but chased down a guy that pinched a ladies purse in a restaurant then did a runner. Hauled the guy and purse back to the restaurant to the waiting cops who then proceeded to give me shit (along with my then wife) saying I may have been stabbed or worse. To top it off, the couple didn't even give a "thank-you".

In retrospect, I didn't give it much thought, just reacted. Would I do it again, probably as I think (actually you don't think) you just react and do what is the right thing.

You would probably intervene again too.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a security guard at a hotel in California and doing my patrol of the floors around 3am, I heard a lady screaming, and was not the kind of scream I had ever heard before so I followed the scream to try and locate the room that it was coming from, had radioed the front desk to call the police so they would be one the way atleast as it was clear based on the screams something was up.

I figured out what room it was, knocked and identified myself no answer but could hear a muffled scream, knocked once more and announced if there was no answer I would be entering the room, this time she screamed help help, so I used the master key to override the dead bolt to enter the room, and her boyfriend was on top of her in the process of strangling her.

I'll just say didn't think of anything, just found myself grabbing the guy and throwing him against the wall and told the women to lock herself in the bathroom cause who knows what this guy was planning next.

He tried to run but because we had called the cops, as he ran down the hall with me at one end, the elevators opened and he walked right into the cops.

Being placed into that situation, I didn't really think, just acted. All my training was to not intervene, call the police, and be a witness, but when someone is screaming for help, its hard to just ignore it.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:09 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
Not a fight but chased down a guy that pinched a ladies purse in a restaurant then did a runner. Hauled the guy and purse back to the restaurant to the waiting cops who then proceeded to give me shit (along with my then wife) saying I may have been stabbed or worse. To top it off, the couple didn't even give a "thank-you".

In retrospect, I didn't give it much thought, just reacted. Would I do it again, probably as I think (actually you don't think) you just react and do what is the right thing.

You would probably intervene again too.
I could be a handbag wielding old lady, I see my future!

After the thumping do I was at work and one of the doctors took me to oneside to ask how I got the bruises and did I need any help. My bruises were typical of assault on a woman, ribs,sternum, forearms. That pleased me to find someone helpful. Not sure he believed me though.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
Not a fight but chased down a guy that pinched a ladies purse
I gave chase to a thief who grabbed my mum's handbag when we were in Nice. Given he ran along a street and straight across another without looking and I stopped to wait for a gap in cars, I was surprise he didn't get too far ahead.

Then some other guy saw me chasing, tripped him up and he dropped the bag and ran off. That saved a problem in the event I did catch up.