Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What type of Halloween person are you?

What type of Halloween person are you?

Old Oct 31st 2013, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What type of Halloween person are you?

This..
Attached Thumbnails What type of Halloween person are you?-halloween_decorations.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2013, 4:05 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids are grown up now so don't do the trick or treat but we have a bowl with some in for anybody knocking. We live out of it a bit and only get a small number anyway.

We always had a fancy dress party in the UK and decorate the house inside which was just an excuse to get friends round and drink.

We decided to do the same this year here and having one on Saturday and again decorated the house inside and have a 7 foot 'ghoul' that rocks back and forth, a talking butler, smoke machine and alsorts (the pircture attached is our basement wall - not great quality as snapshot from a video on phone). We enjoy it but in all reality it's just an excuse to dress up, be stupid and drink. No kids allowed on Saturday !
Attached Thumbnails What type of Halloween person are you?-photo.png  
Old Oct 31st 2013, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

...getting a bit more like this I'm afraid! At least...I wish I could get away with it!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1383237222
Attached Thumbnails What type of Halloween person are you?-halloween.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2013, 5:21 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I like Frankie Boyle's view of Halloween:

"It's like a home-delivery service for paedophiles."
Old Oct 31st 2013, 5:32 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I love living in a condo
the board puts candy on the front desk and the kids are barred from goign door to door.
Me too. They have something in the amenities room but I can't stand Halloween, its rubbish, no bonfire, no fireworks and no sausages.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:00 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I really must be miserable because it actually really irks me to see so called professionals like teachers, hospital employees and bank workers dressed up in stupid costumes.
I really don't want to be doing important financial transactions whilst delaing with somone dressed up as a panda.
It doesn't fill you with confidence
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:09 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I really must be miserable because it actually really irks me to see so called professionals like teachers, hospital employees and bank workers dressed up in stupid costumes.
I really don't want to be doing important financial transactions whilst delaing with somone dressed up as a panda.
I like to know that people I deal with people are professional in the correct setting (the workplace for example) but are able too and know when to 'switch off' and become a normal (for want of a better word) person without a stick up their ar$e.

If that means they sometimes have a little too much to drink or go to a fancy dress party that's fine. I wouldn't expect them to wear an 'only gay in the village' lycra costume to work

I chose that costume as an example as some time ago whilst living in the UK I was working away and 'too busy' to buy a costume for a party that was coming up so I asked my wife to sort mine out. She did and that was what she got me....

Last edited by Animal; Oct 31st 2013 at 6:16 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go to work dressed as the Grim Reaper, that should clear Emerge waiting room
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Last year around Christmas I noted that we have 9 primary Inspection booths for travellers. Hmmm aren't there 9 reindeers for Santas sleigh?
So some bright spark decided to print out the names of the 9 reindeer in large letters and place them onto the front of the inspection booths which were visible to the public.
There was much merriment amongst the travellers with several commenting on their desire to be cleared by Rudolph.
The wandering Supervisor noted these signs and after the flight had cleared promptly removed them citing Not a Professional Image.

So ***k management Christmas is less than 2 months away.

In traditional lore, Santa Claus's sleigh is led by nine reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (variously spelled Dunder and Donner), Blitzen (variously spelled Blixem and Blixen), and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.[2][3]
The names of Donder and Blitzen derive from Germanic words for thunder and lightning, respectively.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Last year around Christmas I noted that we have 9 primary Inspection booths for travellers. Hmmm aren't there 9 reindeers for Santas sleigh?
So some bright spark decided to print out the names of the 9 reindeer in large letters and place them onto the front of the inspection booths which were visible to the public.
There was much merriment amongst the travellers with several commenting on their desire to be cleared by Rudolph.
The wandering Supervisor noted these signs and after the flight had cleared promptly removed them citing Not a Professional Image.

So ***k management Christmas is less than 2 months away.

In traditional lore, Santa Claus's sleigh is led by nine reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (variously spelled Dunder and Donner), Blitzen (variously spelled Blixem and Blixen), and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.[2][3]
The names of Donder and Blitzen derive from Germanic words for thunder and lightning,

respectively.
That would have been fun to see after a tiresome journey. Damn supervisor.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live, about half the population are retirees so it's a bit difficult to tell whether they're wearing wrinklies masks or just being themselves. The kids seem to have their candy collection techniques down pat and whiz around on skateboards in areas where the pickings are best. I think they text message each other about where the prime parts of town are. They appear to have written my street off as the home of the Grinch Who Pinched Halloween as few kids show up here, perhaps because most of the residents go to bed right after the six o'clock news. Not much in the way of yard decorations although my neighbour seems to have some kind of a scarecrow stuck in her front yard or maybe she just forgot to go inside after raking all her leaves. We always have a bit of decent candy just in case but usually end up eating most of it ourselves My husband sits outside playing his guitar and singing country western ditties. I think that must be what scares most of the kids away.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I like to know that people I deal with people are professional in the correct setting (the workplace for example) but are able too and know when to 'switch off' and become a normal (for want of a better word) person without a stick up their ar$e.

If that means they sometimes have a little too much to drink or go to a fancy dress party that's fine. I wouldn't expect them to wear an 'only gay in the village' lycra costume to work

I chose that costume as an example as some time agao whilst living in the UK I was working away and 'too busy' to buy a costume for a party that was coming up so I asked my wife to sort mine out. She did and that was what she got me....
I think we are on the same page really
I have no problem with people kicking back and being human , but as you've said there are some times when you want to deal with the professional.
I just don't understand why it's acceptable to dress like that on one day but not the next
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:52 pm
I said what ?!

I got a couple of 'comments' from the president and HR for wearing jeans during the week once and not on 'dress down Friday' or casual Friday or whatever it's called - I normally wear trousers and a shirt anyway on a Friday !. Jobs worth w@nkers..

I've been told someone where I work is dressed as a beer keg - complete with a hat that has a working tap !

I was going to hunt down this person until I was then informed the beer tap has a can of pop in, not beer
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:00 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

+1

It's great for the kids, understandable for teachers etc, but as the novelty-makers and retailers hype Halloween up more and more it's getting a bit much. I hate gore, and of course now studio-quality gore make up and costumes are available which makes it worse. Anyway, will just have to put up with it as it is only going to get bigger and bigger. Program last night said just Tesco sells 2 million pumpkins in the week before Halloween.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We also just got informed last week that we cannot wear a Poppy on our protective vests. Poppies can be worn on the collar of the uniform shirt.
Apparently the pin on the Poppy could pierce the ballistic lining on the vest thereby potentially rendering the vests integrity and use in protecting the wearer.

Needless to say several officers are now wearing the Poppies on their vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.