Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What new Fall shows are you watching in Canada?

What new Fall shows are you watching in Canada?

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What new Fall shows are you watching in Canada?

Originally Posted by London Mike
You should be a copy-editor. That's ****ing impressive. Wanna job?
Thank you. But I'd be a crap copy editor. I'd be too busy trying to smuggle innuendo into whatever I was doing.

Originally Posted by bgroe
Maybe he just posted on both forums?
If it was just the one account then maybe, but he's lifted material from the posts of at least three different users on the digital home forum today.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Suburgatory was good - trying to find Terra Nova!
It's on Fox on Monday nights - and repeated on Saturdays
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:04 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
None. American and Canadian tv is utter crap with even crappier and annoying accents. I wouldn't let my dog watch any of it.
Agreed i dont watch Canadian TV..only the news.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:04 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

PAN AM.....not too shabby?
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I have looked at PAN AM, Terra Nova, Strike Force and Camelot. They're all soft viewing. Nothing as good as Game of Thrones yet although I am warming to Boardwalk Empire but need to watch the first series.

The Biggest Loser is always a winter favourite for me, especially now Ana Kournikova is on.

I am not a huge TV watcher here but now it's winter I have Monday and Tuesday evenings to stare at the box.

This content is all my own. Can I copyright it Mike?
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

This content is all my own. Can I copyright it Mike?
Nope, not exclusively ayway, it belongs to Internet Brands now

Intellectual Property

You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.

By displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to publish the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant us global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site. These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site, including both message board postings and content submitted for uploading and subsequent publishing within non-message board portions of the Site. Neither we nor our staff will be responsible for any misleading, false or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated on the Site or for any results obtained from the use of such information or advice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a user through the user's reliance on information and advice gained on the Site.
Hence lifting words (even if by some small chance they are your own) from elsewhere being discouraged... that and the fact that it seems to creates entirely vacuous threads.

Im just glad I dont have cable anymore. I miss it less and less to be honest.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:09 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
I'll go first shall I...... Suburgatory, Prime Suspect and H8R
Haven't watched H8R, looks like a kid's show? Haven't watched Suburgatory, Prime Suspect is pretty good though.

I like Free Agents, it has a really good cast, although there's another show on before it called: Up All Night which unfortunately is a bit weak and I think it will kill Free Agents, they should be broadcast the other way around.

Whitney is a bit uneven, it's really dull for about half the show and then it gets more interesting, the first two episodes have been like that. Community is really funny, that UN episode cracked me up. Why in God's name they renewed Parks and Recreation again is beyond me though.

They've upped the number of hot chicks in Law & Order: SVU so I will probably carry on watching that but Prime Suspect is a better TV show. Person of Interest seems to be okay, it's a novel idea for a show, not sure it quite works though.

There's a couple of Mad Men rip-offs, Pan-Am and The Playboy Club, both of which seem quite weak so far, Pan-Am is the better one though.

I think CBS have had their chips, Two Broke Girls is total rubbish and Two and a Half Men should have been cancelled.

The current season of Breaking Bad on AMC has been pretty good, that is one of my favourite shows. Dexter was on last night but I haven't watched it yet. That show seems to vary from season to season.

Terra Nova was marginal, loosely based on the movie Avatar although the storyline seems like a rip-off of one of Philip K Dick's books, he wrote something very similar, can't remember the name of it off-hand.

I don't watch reality TV, it's all pants as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Steve_; Oct 3rd 2011 at 5:12 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:45 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Modern Family is just about the only show we watch.

By the way Season 4 of BBC Outnumbered has just started in the UK and is available on iplayer. Must get around to watching it soon. Funny the only shows we identify with are those featuring disfunctional families, lol

Thinking about it, the kids' favourite show at the moment is Fairly Odd Parents
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Watched first 2 of Terra Nova, tja its lite bubble gum not much brain power needed to get it
2 Broke girls was a giggle for 30 mins
Persons of Interest, looks promising
Fringe is spectacular as all ways
Sons of Anarchy is fantastic as is Breaking Bad
Playboy Club more bubble gum
Castle is fun like The Mentalist
Mike & Molly is a good gigle, especialy if you are a tad tubby
Some more new programmes are yet to start
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'm watching Spooks and Downton Abbey.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:23 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I'm watching Spooks
Maybe you'll see Ultrarunner
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Maybe you'll see Ultrarunner
I think he is to be seen in the movie "Copycat".
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I think he is to be seen in the movie "Copycat".
Or in that head-spinning Stephen King one, you know, "Plagiarist".
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:52 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Or in that head-spinning Stephen King one, you know, "Plagiarist".
Or maybe he's a resident from the planet of the apers.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I have looked at PAN AM, Terra Nova, Strike Force and Camelot.
Camelot quickly gets pretty shit after the first few episodes...It won't last...amusing as Game of Thrones just got better after a bit of a slow start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.