What do you do with yours?

What do you do with yours?

Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you do with yours?

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Blackberry pie, heated with vanilla ice-cream is hard to beat
How do you heat a pie with ice cream?

I thought you needed an oven or some such device.

I'll get me coat...again.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

I've no idea - I get it at our local restaurant

A wild guess....they heat the pie first and add the ice-cream after?????????
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Oh dear, I'm with you, Steve. I need a new cell phone, and am having problems finding one that is JUST a phone so it's easy to use and easy to answer a call! Don't need a camera, games, texting, web, or any of that stuff. Just a phone. My grandson left his fancy phone here, and it rang - I couldn't even figure out which button to press to answer it!
Ashamed? Hardly. Been using a 'puter since the days when they took up a whole room, and I bet there's millions like me. Now there might be other things to be ashamed of but it sure ain't anything as trivial as using a cell phone.
No biggie, there's me thinking from your first post that you wanted something simple as you couldnt work out how to use a phone, .oh yes, that is what you said.

Wonder what wouldmake you blush?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:15 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
No biggie, there's me thinking from your first post that you wanted something simple as you couldnt work out how to use a phone, .oh yes, that is what you said.

Wonder what wouldmake you blush?
I'll never tell.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

At the risk of derision for bringing the thread back on topic after the first page I found the set of google mobile apps pretty good, just go to mobile.google.com on your BlackBerry and follow the instructions to get a whole set of useful stuff.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll never tell.
go on, tell, could be good thread.. things that embarrass.....

Originally Posted by Solarfish
At the risk of derision for bringing the thread back on topic after the first page I found the set of google mobile apps pretty good, just go to mobile.google.com on your BlackBerry and follow the instructions to get a whole set of useful stuff.
go on, tell, what sort of useful stuff??
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:45 pm
YAY! Here and Loving it!

EmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really nice

Blackberry that is. I have a shiny red blackberry Curve, and I love it because I can get/send emails, I have maps and GPS, and internet. Apart from that and the brickbreaker game, what else can I do? Can I download books to read??

thanks
Do you use the Blackberry messenger? I find that the best part of having a BB. Can chat to my friends back "home" without having to pay for costly international text messages. Fantastic!! :-)
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

go on, tell, what sort of useful stuff??
Picasa, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google News, Google Sync, Google Reader, Google Talk and Google Docs are all included in the bundle. There is also an updater which supposedly keeps all the apps up to date, but I haven't noticed anything new since I downloaded about a month ago.

Of these Google Maps is very good as it provides you with GPS as well as route planning. Google Talk is excellent as an IM. Other stuff is very good I'm sure if you bother to store stuff on Google servers, but I don't
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Picasa, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google News, Google Sync, Google Reader, Google Talk and Google Docs are all included in the bundle. There is also an updater which supposedly keeps all the apps up to date, but I haven't noticed anything new since I downloaded about a month ago.

Of these Google Maps is very good as it provides you with GPS as well as route planning. Google Talk is excellent as an IM. Other stuff is very good I'm sure if you bother to store stuff on Google servers, but I don't
I use msn nessenger on it. I dont think I know anyone else on google mail to use the messengeer part.

I have GPS on the Blackberry already so dont need that on google. News would be useful to read. I will have a look at the package.

Thanks for replying
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:38 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Nor me. I just use an iPod Touch and borrow wifi, there's usually some available.
Is that illegal in Canada? I know it is here and in the US.... Not that you're likely to get done for it unless you take the pee.... like some guy here, parked up in a van outside someones house I personally don't think it should be illegal - if you're not prepared to secure your wireless, you should accept the fact that it's fair game for other people to use....
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:15 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I personally don't think it should be illegal - if you're not prepared to secure your wireless, you should accept the fact that it's fair game for other people to use....
I'll nail everything down if you ever come to visit.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:46 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I'll nail everything down if you ever come to visit.
It's not the people who would use your connection for a bit of surfing you should worry about.... It's those who might use it for something more dubvious - and guess who's IP address they'd have as evidence!