Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

are we doing the right thing

are we doing the right thing

Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all
Default Re: are we doing the right thing

We are moving to Ontario Cobourg to be precise we have researched it thoughrally, We could both get jobs over there and i have been told that the schools are good for my boys. I think it is just the fear of the unknown because as much as i research the place you just dont know til you actually get there x

We are also always on mls checking out the houses and seeing what is in our price range, I do feel better about it now and lots of reassurance on here thanks, it's just scary when it all becomes real but as i say I am getting excited now and it's taking over the anxiety!

Kirsty x
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:47 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
We are moving to Ontario Cobourg to be precise we have researched it thoughrally, We could both get jobs over there and i have been told that the schools are good for my boys. I think it is just the fear of the unknown because as much as i research the place you just dont know til you actually get there x

We are also always on mls checking out the houses and seeing what is in our price range, I do feel better about it now and lots of reassurance on here thanks, it's just scary when it all becomes real but as i say I am getting excited now and it's taking over the anxiety!

Kirsty x
I don't want to be a downer but these seem rather antithetical to each other. Good luck though.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:57 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I don't want to be a downer but these seem rather antithetical to each other. Good luck though.
Cobourg is good enough for Elton John to have bought the entire top floor of one of the waterfront condo units there (allegedley) Although he is also (allegedly) building a huge manor house in Brighton too.

Not sure what that says for the areas concerned, but hes not short of other options I imagine. His in laws are a factor (allegedly).

Actually is seems like any 20000 sq ft millionaires mansion for about 300 miles radius allegedly has something to do with Reg...
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

Do you not like Cobourg Oink or is it Ontario in general lol

Like Iaink says if it's good enough for His madge lol x
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Cobourg is good enough for Elton John to have bought the entire top floor of one of the waterfront condo units there (allegedley) Although he is also (allegedly) building a huge manor house in Brighton too.

Not sure what that says for the areas concerned, but hes not short of other options I imagine. His in laws are a factor (allegedly).

Actually is seems like any 20000 sq ft millionaires mansion for about 300 miles radius allegedly has something to do with Reg...
Do you mean one of these places?

http://g.co/maps/6un2b

I'm in Cobourg 3 or 4 times a year and the place just doesn't seem the place for the Master of Flounces.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:28 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to be a downer. That really is rich coming from you.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:30 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
Do you not like Cobourg Oink or is it Ontario in general lol

Like Iaink says if it's good enough for His madge lol x
If you have to go its one thing but I just can't imagine getting excited about moving to Canada when you've actually seen it.

ps If you get down a bit pop round Auld Yin's for a bit of lighthearted cheeriness.

Last edited by Oink; Jan 25th 2012 at 8:32 am.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:31 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it, this woman will be fine - just like me ! (but like her I am going to need the odd bit of handholding before the event - so please don't offer me any of your negative bits on staying put and loving the UK ( you know who you are, so hang your little negative heads in shame, you nasty boys!). It's just sometimes gets a bit alarming, it goes faster than you ever imagined, and when you have kids involved, the fear hangs a bit heavy. Women always think they are doing the wrong bloody thing, it sort of goes with the territory, regrettably.

Last edited by MillieF; Jan 25th 2012 at 8:38 am. Reason: Missing apostrophe
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:35 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to go its one thing but I just can't imagine getting excited about moving to Canada when you've actually seen it.
It's being so happy as keeps this bugger going! No doubt! Stop it Oink! You have a nice side and lots of really interesting things to say. Get the crushing remarks for those who need to be crushed!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

thanks Millie It's ok I can take it my hubby is the king of sarcasm! something i've told him to put a lid on as I understand canadians don't get it lol x
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:12 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

ps If you get down a bit pop round Auld Yin's for a bit of lighthearted cheeriness.
Given the tenor of most of your postings you wouldn't know lighthearted cheeriness if it punched you in the face. Witness your sentence at top of your quoted post.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
so please don't offer me any of your negative bits on staying put and loving the UK
Interesting that this is always seen as 'negative' advice.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Given the tenor of most of your postings you wouldn't know lighthearted cheeriness if it punched you in the face. Witness your sentence at top of your quoted post.
On the contrary, one needs only to look to you for inspiration and bask in your welcoming beacons of encouragement.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has already stated she is ONLY looking for validation and I read this as POSITIVE validation in her case.

So apart from "everything will be perfect" as a response, all the rest of this is unwanted fluff.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:56 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
"everything will be perfect"
Yes, all the rest of what you wrote is unwanted fluff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.