Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Want to apologize in advance.

Want to apologize in advance.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Want to apologize in advance.

April 28th hubby is taking the family back to the old country. This will include my 2yr old who is still in nappy and my 4yr old whol likes to kick seats. Both have never flown on a plane before. So if anyone is flying from Calgary to London with Air Canada I just want to apologize in advance.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice
Default Re: Want to apologize in advance.

Originally Posted by gingnut
April 28th hubby is taking the family back to the old country. This will include my 2yr old who is still in nappy and my 4yr old whol likes to kick seats. Both have never flown on a plane before. So if anyone is flying from Calgary to London with Air Canada I just want to apologize in advance.
they will prob suprise you and sleep most of the way, only 5 hours
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
they will prob suprise you and sleep most of the way, only 5 hours
Our little man has fallen asleep on every long haul flight we have been on,

i also take him lots of new toys to play with including play doh not sure how you would get on with that now ? with all the new restrictions
and those drawing things that you shake out, now he is at the ripe old age of 7 he takes a gameboy or DS and we charge the lap top and take DVDs to watch if there screens aren't up to much ?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482688
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475213
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443689

Colour wonder is great stuff to spring on the little kids, and the portable DVD player can be a life saver. If the plane has Mezzo players availale, I'd also spring for them.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:26 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
they will prob suprise you and sleep most of the way, only 5 hours:thumbsup:
Calgary to London is 8 1/2 to 9 hrs!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

When we flew from Belfast to Toronto after Christmas my 5 year old was good as gold However my baby girl cried for the entire flight and the taxi ride home
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:49 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Good Luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482688
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475213
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443689

Colour wonder is great stuff to spring on the little kids, and the portable DVD player can be a life saver. If the plane has Mezzo players availale, I'd also spring for them.
I read the all the threads and there were som really good suggestions, thanks!BUT I AINT DRUGGING MY KIDS!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Calgary to London is 8 1/2 to 9 hrs!
sorry thinking halifax
my kids have always loved flying, been to florida a lot never any problems, never had to drug them but i know people who have!
i let them take a bag of toys and thats worked for them.

Last edited by mart2612; Apr 17th 2008 at 10:06 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:11 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the all the threads and there were som really good suggestions, thanks!BUT I AINT DRUGGING MY KIDS!
What's wrong with you people? Kids and drugs are a GREAT mix.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

When are you travelling? I want to be sure not to be on the same plane!!!

And Morwenna beat me to it - I thought 5.5 hours Calgary to Heathrow!! No way.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:26 am
Always lurking.

Originally Posted by lizwil98
When are you travelling? I want to be sure not to be on the same plane!!!

And Morwenna beat me to it - I thought 5.5 hours Calgary to Heathrow!! No way.
April 28th, Ragina to Calgary , then Calgary to Heathrow. Terminal 3 thank goodness!! I honestly feel that when you fly from Regina to Calgary your actually just hovering over the same farm.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

April 28th, Ragina to Calgary , then Calgary to Heathrow. Terminal 3 thank goodness!! I honestly feel that when you fly from Regina to Calgary your actually just hovering over the same farm.
You just reminded me why im going east
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

A few years ago we gave our eldest girl some phengean (sp?) and she reacted really violently.... We were about 2hrs into a long flight back from Minneapolis when she started fitting and crying. It lasted most of the way back... I would never give it to any of my kids after that expereince. Though i know of other kids who have had it and were fine.

I know just use bribery and corruption And the portable DVD player.

I am dreading flying over with my 2 girls on my own... THe youngest who'll be 1 has never been on a plane... the eldest is now a right jet set and loves flying!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:19 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

We have done several long flights from the UK to Orlando and luckily never had a bad flight .

Deffo recommend colouring books/crayons and a Nintendo DS .

Good Luck, it won't be as bad as you think it will.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:32 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D15NEY
We have done several long flights from the UK to Orlando and luckily never had a bad flight .

Deffo recommend colouring books/crayons and a Nintendo DS .

Good Luck, it won't be as bad as you think it will.
DS with puppies game best investment we made fershure