Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Voting in the UK election

Voting in the UK election

Old Apr 25th 2015, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting in the UK election

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
We have postal votes coming, allegedly, but whether they get here in time for us to send back we shall have to see.

Considered Proxy votes but as my parents are raving UKIP ers at present I didn't want to let my dad run amock with another 3 votes!
There won't be time for a postal voting form to get to you and back by the deadline - they only send the forms out just before. Proxy is the only way to do it as far as I am aware.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

We got ours yesterday so hopefully they should get back in time!
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:01 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele
There won't be time for a postal voting form to get to you and back by the deadline - they only send the forms out just before. Proxy is the only way to do it as far as I am aware.
Yup and am currently at YVR off to Hawaii .. So no voting this time !
Old May 5th 2015, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute

Our postal ballots arrived yesterday - Monday 4th May.

There's still a possibility they'll reach Kettering by Thursday; we mailed them right back.

We would have used a proxy vote but didn't have any one we knew well enough to ask who was local.