Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Vegas from Bellingham

Vegas from Bellingham

Old May 17th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of
Default Vegas from Bellingham

Hi

I have a UK passport and have PR status, currently living in Vancouver... thinking of a weekend in Vegas - are we able to drive across the border to Bellingham and fly out from there? Allegiant Air has some amazing deals at the mo and we'd love to take advantage of them!

Silly question maybe - but any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old May 17th 2010, 10:32 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vegas from Bellingham

Originally Posted by the_connors76
Hi

I have a UK passport and have PR status, currently living in Vancouver... thinking of a weekend in Vegas - are we able to drive across the border to Bellingham and fly out from there? Allegiant Air has some amazing deals at the mo and we'd love to take advantage of them!

Silly question maybe - but any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Yes you can. Book your tickets, drive to the airport, fly to Vegas.
Old May 17th 2010, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Yippeee!!!!
Old May 20th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

This is the cross-border trick and you can save serious cash doing so, particularly with strength of the Canadian dollar. Also feels good not paying Canada's hideous and ludicrous taxes although yankee airports aren't quite as right-on or pretty.

Last edited by canadian_critic; May 20th 2010 at 7:20 pm.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Just checked out that airline's site. Jeez. Talk about upsell. And I've never ever seen so many hidden costs. Be very careful with companies like this. What seems like a bargain air fare is most certainly not by the time you've added all their additional charges. For a US carrier they have way more of their own 'convenience' charges, making the final price far less appealing. Shame as Bellingham is a hell of a lot nearer to travel to than Seattle.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice... I will look at all the 'hidden' costs - these airlines always seem to get you one way or another!
Old May 20th 2010, 8:16 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Horizon from Bellingham to Seattle.
Alaska from Seattle to Las Vegas.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thoroughly confused about the ESTA rules now... so any help would be great!

I currently have a valid I-94, plan to drive from Vancouver to Bellingham and fly to Vegas next weekend, so do I need an ESTA aswell? Or am I covered?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:32 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so. You are crossing the border by land. Bellingham - Las Vegas is an internal flight.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:56 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Thoroughly confused about the ESTA rules now... so any help would be great!

I currently have a valid I-94, plan to drive from Vancouver to Bellingham and fly to Vegas next weekend, so do I need an ESTA aswell? Or am I covered?

You're covered until your I-94 expires. You only need ESTA if you're flying into the states from an international departure.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick replies! Much appreciated!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

i've done this trip a few times, usually on alaskian / horizon.
most flights are direct to vegas, but have a stop on the return usually seattle or portland. saves a good amount of funds (used to gamble with) than paying to fly from Canadaland.
and you can get decent deals on hotwire for the trips
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:04 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice... I will look at all the 'hidden' costs - these airlines always seem to get you one way or another!
Capitalists, they want profit If they don't make any money, they'll get you by going bust!