Reload this Page >

US hit back at Syrian airbase

US hit back at Syrian airbase

Old Apr 11th 2017, 9:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: US hit back at Syrian airbase

Originally Posted by Danny B
Is anyone worried what Trump has planned for North Korea?
Yes.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:06 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Do you realise that North Korea does not have the ability to hit Washington with nuclear warhead?
Its my understand that it is thought that they (in theory, if it doesnt f up) do. Just, worrying for me, the state and not the district.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:15 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think the world should do about the actions of North Korea's leader?
Good question. I think the world should stop poking its nose in NK's affairs. And in the affairs of other nations.

We have tried numerous times and it didn't help. Now lets see what happens when we do nothing.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Good question. I think the world should stop poking its nose in NK's affairs. And in the affairs of other nations.

We have tried numerous times and it didn't help. Now lets see what happens when we do nothing.
Do you not have an issue with NK completely ignoring the UN? One assumes that the UN had a good reason to impose their conditions at the time that they did.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 11:08 pm
`

Do you not have an issue with NK completely ignoring the UN? One assumes that the UN had a good reason to impose their conditions at the time that they did.
Israel ignores the UN. Brandish the exact same armed stick at them.

This is a mad unpredictable hornets nest that is being poked by that which doesn't really know what it is doing, does not have its own house in order , but would destroy the world in the pretense of making the world- actually selfishly just one land - safer.

Don't poke the nest too hard. It will feel it is left with no option but to be a hornet .

China needs to step in and stop the pair of them beating their chests. It has around 2 days to do that.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 11:31 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Don't poke the nest too hard. It will feel it is left with no option but to be a hornet .

China needs to step in and stop the pair of them beating their chests. It has around 2 days to do that.
When it comes to stupid, Kim Jong-un & Trump are 'dumb ass' chest thumpers.

The UN, China nor Russia will be unable to stop them doing the inevitable.

If anyone is going to hit the button, my bets are on Mr Kim to go first for the reason Trump will continue to provoke him into it.

Kim is a madman ruler, what he says goes. He doesn't need any inside or outsiders telling him what to do.

His past record of 'I don't like your face, now you're dead'

After the mushroom cloud, my guess is that either Australia or NZ would be the safest place too be.

A replay of the 1959 movie 'On the beach'

This time round Kim Jong-un is Dr Strangelove

Last edited by not2old; Apr 11th 2017 at 11:38 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 11:40 pm
`

I favour quiet assassination.

My hope is that Kim Jong-un does another disappearing act as he has before but with the Day of the Sun celebrations imminent I can't see how he can. The timing is dreadful. It doesn't allow for any form of saving face followed by efforts to decrease tensions , sanctions , diplomacy & more importantly China having a quiet word. Trump does not seem to understand that China has a differing view of NK .

BTW. NK has already threatened NZ once. Mind you Israel felt NZ made a declaration of war.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 11th 2017 at 11:51 pm. Reason: add a bit.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:09 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

After the mushroom cloud, my guess is that either Australia or NZ would be the safest place too be.
Mushroom cloud my arse. They are still years away from a nuclear missile reaching US shores.

He will be killed before that happens. That's my opinion.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 1:34 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Trump vs Kim Jung-un. Two idiots.
A story of two other idiots was publicised recently.. Chicago man fatally shoots son over dog-walking - BBC News
Playing with nuclear weapons and task forces isn't funny. I've often said that not enough people play chess otherwise they'd ask the question 'What if?' more often.
If Bush and Blair had played chess then perhaps we'd still have a lot more people alive today.

Israel ignores the UN. Brandish the exact same armed stick at them.
And quite right. Israel ignores UN resolutions, has developed nuclear weapons, oversees the worlds largest prison camp.. but where is the US condemnation? An answer is as Lyndon B. Johnson once said: "They may be bastards, but they're our bastards."

Last edited by dave_j; Apr 12th 2017 at 1:50 am.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 1:44 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I favour quiet assassination.
If you could just isolate him, so unlikely. The women's football team won gold and they were so over-joyed it was a different picture of them, no matter how regimented they seem they're family.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

South Korea has nothing to gain from this. Even if Seoul doesn't get flattened, there will be another huge refugee crisis on their hands if Trump somehow topples the NK government. We all know how much Trump loves helping refugees.
I think the South Koreans would overall be quite pleased to be re-united with their fellow Koreans, and would be efficient and disciplined at re-integrating the country. And unlike the Arab world with the Syrians, they would take care of their own people.

A bit dangerous dealing with this nut in charge of North Korea to be sure.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:22 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Mushroom cloud my arse. They are still years away from a nuclear missile reaching US shores.

He will be killed before that happens. That's my opinion.
@ post #68

what do you reckon of the possibility of the dropping a nuclear bomb on North Korea, would that do it?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 1:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Saying that Tillerson is in Russia to negotiate is being generous. Putin isn't going to deviate from his stance that Syrian forces didn't do it, it isn't up to the US to police Russia's actions in their alliy's country, and if they do it again they're going to get spanked hard. Lavrov can really make himself clearly understood when he wants to, and he's going to insist that the US and Russia work together to fight terrorism in Syria. If and when Putin gives up Assad it has to look like it was all Putin's doing; even though United Russia has a stranglehold on power he can't be seen to give in to an ultimatum. Lavrov is probably authorised to be as hard as needed , as in "If you want to go to war over this, just bring it on." They aren't likely to make love over Ukraine or Crimea or Iran either. The advice Lavrov will probably have regarding the DPRK is don't tease them; they shot at a Russian patrol boat that got too close. Kim needs to make a constant show of force but I doubt that he wants to risk everything he has in a real shooting war. He is duty bound by the Juche System to do all he can to ensure the nation's independence and strive to re-unite with the south, and shooting missiles at Japan or the US, or anyone for that matter will not accomplish that.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 1:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I think the South Koreans would overall be quite pleased to be re-united with their fellow Koreans, and would be efficient and disciplined at re-integrating the country. And unlike the Arab world with the Syrians, they would take care of their own people.
Well, yes, Asians are famously efficient and disciplined unlike those feckless Arabs.