UK Xbox 360 in NS

Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

craig_hoxton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Xbox 360 in NS

Originally Posted by Hobbess
All work well and means my UK account works just fine on my Canadian Xbox. I've been waiting for a fix from MS to allow the region change on your account but it's just not coming.
OK, so you can use your UK subscription on a Canadian Xbox 360 - so I guess you play Canadian Xbox games and the achivements are registered on your UK-based profile?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:02 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Yup that's what I'm doing, only ever had a UK profile ever since I signed up to Live on my Canadian Xbox 2 years ago. Achievements etc don't care where you are or which profile you are on.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:32 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craig_hoxton
I bought an XBox 360 512 MB memory unit in the UK and saved my purchased games and profile on that instead.

Have just bought 12 month Live subscription card and MS points card and I guess I'll find out if it works on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. (Fingers crossed that I don't have to call Tech Support!)
You don't need to copy your purchased products onto it, you can redownload anything you've purchased once you retrieve your Gamertag. However for saved games yes.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

craig_hoxton is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, my XBox 360 situation is settled!

I got a new console and bought a 12-month UK Xbox Live account - and it all worked from the moment I switched on my console for the very first time!

So I also have a North American console playing North American games but with a UK Xbox Live subscription. I only play Call of Duty 4 online - if anyone else plays this online, my gamertag is Master Delgado!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by craig_hoxton
Finally, my XBox 360 situation is settled!

I got a new console and bought a 12-month UK Xbox Live account - and it all worked from the moment I switched on my console for the very first time!

So I also have a North American console playing North American games but with a UK Xbox Live subscription. I only play Call of Duty 4 online - if anyone else plays this online, my gamertag is Master Delgado!
I'll add you Craig, mine is Lobeyone (as in obi-one!!). Just got to kick junior off it first. I've got COD4 and 5. I normally go on in the evening for a bit so i'll look you up next time your on.