UK border control

Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK border control

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
IRPA allows for loss of permanent residence status if refugee protection ceases under A108(1)(a) to (d) and a finding of inadmissibility under A40.1. There is no loss of permanent residence status if refugee protection is removed because of a change in country conditions [A108(1)(e)].
OK I think I get it.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

One of these days you might learn something. The whole point of claiming refugee status is you are either in fear of your life or being persecuted in that country and you are seeking safe haven. If you go back to that country for whatever reason then its obvious that you now feel safe enough to go back and therefore do not need Canada's or any other countries protection.
There are two ways that refugee protection can be removed:

A person can cease to hold their refugee status (A108) if, for example, they voluntarily reavail themself of the protection of their country of nationality or obtain protection from another country (citizenship).
A person can have their refugee status vacated (A109) if they obtained that status by directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter.

BTW its not all about me as you suggest. If posting in the Immigration section then perhaps you might see me reply to certain threads either helping or trying to educate people as opposed to making it about me.
As for dual nationality answer this question

A person has dual nationality say Canada and Egypt. They live in Egypt and commit a crime. Should they be treated as Egyptian citizens or Canadian citizens especially if sentenced to jail. Should it also make a difference if they lived in Canada but entered Egypt on their Egyptian passport. Should they do the jail time in Egypt or Canada?

Yes that's all right and dandy, but what I was asking was ...

OK lets take the example of the Egyptian

He comes to Canada on refugee, gets PR, and Canadian citizenship. He holds it together with Egyptian. A few years down the line, his mum dies and he wants to visit Egypt for the funeral.

How would that harm anything? He is a Canadian citizen, they cannot remove that from him because he chose to go back to Egypt for a visit... If he commited a crime whilst there, and he entered on his Egyptian pport, then yes the consequence of that is that he is treated as an Egyptian. This could be avoided by giving up Egyptian citizenship and conducting visits to Egypt with a Canadian passport.

And I don't post in immigration often, because to quote Dashie, there are some people who post without knowing what they are doing (not referring to you, FL, that is obviously your area of expertise and such expertise is very much appreciated in the immi forum. )

I don't know much about Canadian immigration laws since I was born Canadian. So I don't post in immigration.

Oh, and don't spin my comment off about being born Canadian as being smug and "better than you lot" because it was not intended like that. Luck of the draw as becki said.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
Yes that's all right and dandy, but what I was asking was ...

OK lets take the example of the Egyptian

He comes to Canada on refugee, gets PR, and Canadian citizenship. He holds it together with Egyptian. A few years down the line, his mum dies and he wants to visit Egypt for the funeral.

How would that harm anything? He is a Canadian citizen, they cannot remove that from him because he chose to go back to Egypt for a visit... If he commited a crime whilst there, and he entered on his Egyptian pport, then yes the consequence of that is that he is treated as an Egyptian. This could be avoided by giving up Egyptian citizenship and conducting visits to Egypt with a Canadian passport.

And I don't post in immigration often, because to quote Dashie, there are some people who post without knowing what they are doing (not referring to you, FL, that is obviously your area of expertise and such expertise is very much appreciated in the immi forum. )

I don't know much about Canadian immigration laws since I was born Canadian. So I don't post in immigration.

Oh, and don't spin my comment off about being born Canadian as being smug and "better than you lot" because it was not intended like that. Luck of the draw as becki said.
But the dual citizen from Egypt is not a refugee in my example he is like you he holds dual citizenship. Refugee status has nothing to do with this example.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

But the dual citizen from Egypt is not a refugee in my example he is like you he holds dual citizenship. Refugee status has nothing to do with this example.
Exactly! That was the question i originally posed a few pages back. I agree if a "refugee" goes back home they lose their status! No question there mate. I also really didnt like the group of dual lebanese canadians that got government repat back to canada when it was their choice to go back to lebanon... Although i know again that has nothing to do with refugees
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

castra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nice

Just joined the party a bit late on this thread so haven't read all replies:

Whether, its Stansted, The UK, Canada, USA, there is no absolute average of how long you will wait in line. Its all about luck and timing. If you are on a flight that is the first international flight for at least a couple of hours, chances are you will be through quickly, especially if you are 'up the front' and first off. If you are on an inbound flight and in the preceding time, flights have landed from Delhi, Islamabad, Lagos and Mexico City? Well, yes, you are pretty well screwed for the next week.

I've passed through YVR and Its taken well over an hour in line. On other occasions I was through in minutes. Last year I flew into Dallas and it took me near on two hours to clear immigration, almost causing me to miss a connection. In March of this year, I arrived at Immigration control in Dallas and was through in about three minutes!

Thus the airport and country isn't really a factor. The only exception maybe, if its a remote airfield that just handles the odd international flight here and there.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Heres the proof:

Pregnant Canadian allegedly used rubber belly carrying drugs

Is there any chance I could go one day without seeing the term 'dual nationality' On here. It's just luck of the draw at the end of the day. Unfortunately it doesn't make you any more special
Perhaps the reason why you see the term 'dual nationality' on here is because many of us have dual nationality. Maybe it doesn't make us 'more special' but it does give us a lot of opportunities many can only dream of.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by castra
Just joined the party a bit late on this thread so haven't read all replies:

Whether, its Stansted, The UK, Canada, USA, there is no absolute average of how long you will wait in line. Its all about luck and timing...

Thus the airport and country isn't really a factor. The only exception maybe, if its a remote airfield that just handles the odd international flight here and there.
This. Completely. I'vewalked straight through at YVR and queued for hours at YYC. Purely depends on wwhat's arriving around you.

Entering the UK, I'd always use the machine passport readers, which rarely have a queue, work much faster thanthe officers even when they do, and which save you from ridiculous questions like "how long are you sstaying" When you're entering on a UK passport.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:38 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Perhaps the reason why you see the term 'dual nationality' on here is because many of us have dual nationality. Maybe it doesn't make us 'more special' but it does give us a lot of opportunities many can only dream of.

Lots of people have the opportunity to get it - I didn't get it from birth as my family are mostly British (with German way way way back).

If I marry someone who is of a different nationality and have a child with them maybe in the future I will secure another passport and my child will be better set up for the future, same goes for my spouse as well
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people have the opportunity to get it - I didn't get it from birth as my family are mostly British (with German way way way back).

If I marry someone who is of a different nationality and have a child with them maybe in the future I will secure another passport and my child will be better set up for the future, same goes for my spouse as well
Or just do your time in Canada and apply, no spouse required
Old Jul 13th 2014, 6:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go with the independent approach to life.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I've not had the privilege of going through Border control in LA yet, I'll look forward to that one in summer 2015
If your flying from a Canadian airport, well one with pre-clearance, you wont have to deal with LAX immigration..
Old Jul 13th 2014, 6:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Of course many have the opportunity but many more do not. As for the rest...I don't know what that has to do with my post.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 7:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If your flying from a Canadian airport, well one with pre-clearance, you wont have to deal with LAX immigration..
That's true. I have been to LAX when I was in transit never through security though
Old Jul 13th 2014, 7:33 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Of course many have the opportunity but many more do not. As for the rest...I don't know what that has to do with my post.

Like I said people can have the opportunity to get it.

Not everything I wrote was to do with your post you know
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Entering the UK, I'd always use the machine passport readers, which rarely have a queue, work much faster thanthe officers even when they do, and which save you from ridiculous questions like "how long are you sstaying" When you're entering on a UK passport.
I don't think anyone entering the UK on a British citizen passport has ever been asked how long they are saying. A quick scan of the passport and glance at the photo and you're in. I say "Hello" and "Thank you" and that's it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.