Trump Trump Trump

Old Jan 10th 2022, 2:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
It is the drive by the Trumpian right to take over the mechanics of government - from school boards, to state electoral commissions etc that is more of threat than armed insurrection IMHO.
Yes, exactly.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
How typical.
I shall re-quote Bats

So, for clarity, if there weren't enough people injured or killed for the intent of overthrowing, how many would have been enough?

I mean you're not that stupid or is it that you expect others to be stupid? If you believe a number is not high enough for something you must believe a number that would be high enough. It needn't be specific, just an approximation.
OK. I suggest you look at the casualties from the US Civil War as an indication of the number of lives that may need to have been taken to attempt such a change. Of course, the actual numbers would depend upon how far one was prepared to pursue such a campaign and, of course, the longer it goes on, the more casualties one would expect.

I don't believe that the events of January 6, 2021, were an attempt to overthrow the government. I accept that others do.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:39 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
OK. I suggest you look at the casualties from the US Civil War as an indication of the number of lives that may need to have been taken to attempt such a change. Of course, the actual numbers would depend upon how far one was prepared to pursue such a campaign and, of course, the longer it goes on, the more casualties one would expect.

I don't believe that the events of January 6, 2021, were an attempt to overthrow the government. I accept that others do.
It's hard to make sense of your position here AC. Presumably you do accept that the election was legitimately won by Biden. And you will be aware that Trump contested this and was doing everything within his power to recount the votes in his own favour. On January 6 he incited a mob to disrupt the confirmation, and had they been successful in causing that confirmation to be disputed, power would have remained with Trump. Does that not constitute an attempt to retain power by illegal means ??

Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

What were they doing in the Capitol on Jan 6th if they weren't trying to overthrow the government? I mean, many/all of them believe that Biden is a front for a baby-eating, satanic, pedophile ring & one imagines that if they'dve actually come across Mike Pence, they might well have hung or shot him while livestreaming it to their fellow Q devotees. Or were they merely a bunch of rowdy tourists on a day out in DC that got out of hand?
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It's hard to make sense of your position here AC. Presumably you do accept that the election was legitimately won by Biden.
I accept this.

And you will be aware that Trump contested this and was doing everything within his power to recount the votes in his own favour.
I accept this too. He/those on his behalf made applications to various institutions to have recounts/the counts validated, in accordance with the processes available to him.

On January 6 he incited a mob to disrupt the confirmation, and had they been successful in causing that confirmation to be disputed, power would have remained with Trump.
He made some comments. I don't believe that the comments that I have seen attributed to him incited people to storm the Capital. I accept that some of those that did may have believed that that was what he was suggesting.

Does that not constitute an attempt to retain power by illegal means ??
At this time, I don't as I don't believe he wanted anyone to stop the proceedings occurring in the Capital. My position may change based upon what the investigation turns up. Time will tell.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:58 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I accept this.

I accept this too. He/those on his behalf made applications to various institutions to have recounts/the counts validated, in accordance with the processes available to him.

He made some comments. I don't believe that the comments that I have seen attributed to him incited people to storm the Capital. I accept that some of those that did may have believed that that was what he was suggesting.

At this time, I don't as I don't believe he wanted anyone to stop the proceedings occurring in the Capital. My position may change based upon what the investigation turns up. Time will tell.
Thanks for setting out your position. You seem to afford Trump a very wide benefit of doubt !
Old Jan 10th 2022, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for setting out your position. You seem to afford Trump a very wide benefit of doubt !
Not really. I simply read his words as a sensible, non-partisan, person would. I think that Trump was a poor loser but I don't believe he wanted anyone to storm the Capitol or that anyone would based upon what he said
Old Jan 10th 2022, 5:14 pm
Yo

Not really. I simply read his words as a sensible, non-partisan, person would. I think that Trump was a poor loser but I don't believe he wanted anyone to storm the Capitol or that anyone would based upon what he said
I'm beginning to think you haven't actually listened to his rally speech on January 6th !
Old Jan 10th 2022, 5:15 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

This smacks not too faintly of "good people on both sides". Trump is a narcissistic psychopath. He incited the crowd deliberately to attempt to overturn the vote count. Do your research sheeple.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 5:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I suggest you look at the casualties from the US Civil War as an indication of the number of lives that may need to have been taken to attempt such a change.

You excel yourself. Compare the casualties of a civil war with those of a single event such as what happened at the Capitol.

Are you really serious about that?

That's almost as funny as your "there will be no second wave"

Last edited by BristolUK; Jan 10th 2022 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK

You excel yourself. Compare the casualties of a civil war with those of a single event such as what happened at the Capitol.

Are you really serious about that?

That's almost as funny as your "there will be no second wave"
Once again, you demonstrate why the words in my signature are correct and why I usually don't engage with you. I simply stated that I didn't believe that the events of that day were an attempt to overthrow the government and, since that time, you and Bats have asked me to talk about numbers, (ignoring the comment I made regarding weapons) twisting what I stated and then sought to accuse me of doing something similar.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm beginning to think you haven't actually listened to his rally speech on January 6th !
It appeared to me that most of it was simply him spouting about how he believed the vote was not a valid. Which I accept was bullshit.

Very little of it was about any form of specific action and the references to "fight", which some wish to suggest he incited the events that followed, when taken in context, suggested nothing of the sort.

IIRC he was suggesting that the politicians in the Capital "do the right thing".

However, I accept that I may be naive, so I would ask you to set out the actual text you believe justifies the allegation that he incited the storming of the Capitol, so that I may stand corrected. Not simple sentences, but the paragraphs that surround those sentences.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 6:32 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

he was suggesting that the politicians in the Capital "do the right thing".
I see that you accept that some of his supporters thought he wanted them to act, I am not understanding why it need one persons authorization for it to be an attempt to overthrow the legitimate election process for the President. If those involved were trying to get the votes thrown out then isnt that enough for it to be such an attempt. I am not following why it would require Trumps authority.

I would like to know what you thought Trump's meaning was when he was demanding that Pence act to throw the votes out, an action that he does not have the ability to do, in law in the circumstances that existed. Or what you think Trump's meaning was when he recently said that Pence made a tragic mistake in certifying the election (I am assuming that none of us here think that Trump actually believes the election was fraudulent). Or what he means when he says of Pence "You can be a patriot or you can be a pussy" on his role on Jan 6th.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 6:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, you demonstrate why the words in my signature are correct and why I usually don't engage with you. I simply stated that I didn't believe that the events of that day were an attempt to overthrow the government and, since that time, you and Bats have asked me to talk about numbers, (ignoring the comment I made regarding weapons) twisting what I stated and then sought to accuse me of doing something similar.
But you were the one who introduced the numbers aspect.

You're wriggling again.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 7:00 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
What were they doing in the Capitol on Jan 6th if they weren't trying to overthrow the government? I mean, many/all of them believe that Biden is a front for a baby-eating, satanic, pedophile ring & one imagines that if they'dve actually come across Mike Pence, they might well have hung or shot him while livestreaming it to their fellow Q devotees. Or were they merely a bunch of rowdy tourists on a day out in DC that got out of hand?
They were just letting off some steam and getting in some cardio
(Actually, weren't three of the deaths linked to heart attacks & strokes by over exuberant Trump supporters?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.