Trump Trump Trump

Old Jan 21st 2021, 12:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump Trump Trump

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Well...just like Trump she's full of hate... she stands there flinging venom and vitriol about the state of the environment, and worst of all offers no solution to it!!

In my early days working as a draftsman/mechanical designer; my first ever boss said to me, "don't come to me with a problem without you have at least thought through a potential solution, I don't want to hear problems", that always stuck with me, and it was good advice to help me develop my career and in life too. Anyone can complain, its the easiest thing to do.

I don't understand what makes her so special, she brings nothing to the table. Take Boyon Slat for example a young Dutch lad, (at the same young age as ol" Greta) noticed there was a lot of plastic littering our oceans, so he gave up his studies in aerospace to research this problem and invented and developed an idea to clean up the oceans. Did he get the same media coverage and recognition that Greta did? Sadly no, most people have never heard of him, yet he has done more for environmental issues than Greta with her hate speeches ever will. Thats basically why I have no time for her.
She's young and understands the problems and more importantly, whist she herself may not have the answers, her entire premise is to tell the world to listen to those who do have the answers, the scientists. Not the politicians, not the lobbyists, not the multi nationals, not the FB 'experts', just the scientists. I think you've missed her point entirely.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 12:36 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Well...just like Trump she's full of hate... she stands there flinging venom and vitriol about the state of the environment, and worst of all offers no solution to it!!

In my early days working as a draftsman/mechanical designer; my first ever boss said to me, "don't come to me with a problem without you have at least thought through a potential solution, I don't want to hear problems", that always stuck with me, and it was good advice to help me develop my career and in life too. Anyone can complain, its the easiest thing to do.

I don't understand what makes her so special, she brings nothing to the table. Take Boyon Slat for example a young Dutch lad, (at the same young age as ol" Greta) noticed there was a lot of plastic littering our oceans, so he gave up his studies in aerospace to research this problem and invented and developed an idea to clean up the oceans. Did he get the same media coverage and recognition that Greta did? Sadly no, most people have never heard of him, yet he has done more for environmental issues than Greta with her hate speeches ever will. Thats basically why I have no time for her.
FFS. She's a teenager, how can she be expected to have solutions? What she has done is to say, very effectively, to us adults, "STOP PRETENDING THERE ISN'T A PROBLEM".

And by doing that, over and over again, she has done more for the environment than all of us put together. You need to stop drinking the establishment Kool-Aid.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 12:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
FFS. She's a teenager, how can she be expected to have solutions? What she has done is to say, very effectively, to us adults, "STOP PRETENDING THERE ISN'T A PROBLEM".

And by doing that, over and over again, she has done more for the environment than all of us put together.
Agree. And so did the 4 million people in 161 countries who participated in the climate demonstration last September.

Ms Thunberg's greatest service, in my opinion, is how she's raised awareness of climate change. She has the ear of world leaders and hasn't been shy in using that.

I can't even begin to fathom why some people are so antagonistic towards her. Is it because they disagree with her views? Is it because she's a teenager? Because she has a disability?

Or is it because she doesn't dress her message up in platitudes and politeness, instead speaking fiercely and fearlessly?
Old Jan 21st 2021, 12:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Has there ever been a successful activist who stands in the corner and whispers?

She offers many solutions. Do some reading.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 21st 2021 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
She's young and understands the problems and more importantly, whist she herself may not have the answers, her entire premise is to tell the world to listen to those who do have the answers, the scientists. Not the politicians, not the lobbyists, not the multi nationals, not the FB 'experts', just the scientists. I think you've missed her point entirely.
I don't think I missed her point, millions of others make the same point, she just put it across in a very vitriolic way..I agree with regards to your "not the FB experts" though, thats where most of the BS comes from these days and people take it as gospel!!

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

And by doing that, over and over again, she has done more for the environment than all of us put together. You need to stop drinking the establishment Kool-Aid.
LOL! I need to stop??
FFS Boyon Slat was teenager, he was the same age...just 16... he had a solution, why isn't he recognised?
As i said in my story, I was also a teenager when my boss told me he didn't want to hear problems....only the solutions, or at least an attempt to give a solution. He was right.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Revenge is a dish best served cold....

Greta seems to have grasped the low bar required to be successful in the modern era. At least she has the excuse of being a teenager. What excuse do the so called grown ups, irrespective of political bent, have?
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

FFS Boyon Slat was teenager, he was the same age...just 16... he had a solution, why isn't he recognised?.
That's not Greta's fault though is it? The fact that she's pushed through and been recognised should be celebrated not castigated just because others haven't got their message across as well as she has. Right time, right place. Thank crunchie for her. I put my hand up for never having heard of Boyon Slat. I will go and google. There's presumably a reason he's not recognised but blame his supporters, his methods, the time etc etc, not Greta. As has been said activists from day one wanting change have only managed to get their voice across and changes made by being 'vitriolic'.

Edit: Ok I'd heard of his company but not his name. It seems to me from the quick Wiki look that he has been recognised quite widely. Not on the level Greta has but they're doing different things for the same long term result.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 22nd 2021 at 8:40 am. Reason: Expanded my knowledge.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's not Greta's fault though is it? The fact that she's pushed through and been recognised should be celebrated not castigated just because others haven't got their message across as well as she has. Right time, right place. Thank crunchie for her. I put my hand up for never having heard of Boyon Slat. I will go and google. There's presumably a reason he's not recognised but blame his supporters, his methods, the time etc etc, not Greta. As has been said activists from day one wanting change have only managed to get their voice across and changes made by being 'vitriolic'.

Edit: Ok I'd heard of his company but not his name. It seems to me from the quick Wiki look that he has been recognised quite widely. Not on the level Greta has but they're doing different things for the same long term result.
No, its not her fault, it’s the crazy media, they latch on to an idea or someone or something and they decide what will become of it. Added to this social media too (which you mentioned in your previous post; and I acknowledged) contributes an inaccurate skewed view on news and current affairs, and many misguided people see it as an official news source.

I guess the media just latched on to her as she's an angry person that wanted to be heard, and the media knew she would provoke opinions from those that are for and against her method of delivery. Whereas Boyon Slat, just had an idea and a belief and just got on with it, he wasn’t interested in telling the world about it, a very modest young man, so the media didn’t see him as someone who would generate significant viewer ratings.

Both Greta Thunberg and Boyon Slat are on the same team, one makes hateful statements and the other gets on with what needs to be done. Just my opinion though, based on my personal life experiences.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Both Greta Thunberg and Boyon Slat are on the same team, one makes hateful statements and the other gets on with what needs to be done. Just my opinion though, based on my personal life experiences.
Strong statements, not hateful ones.

And which of the two do you think has inspired most younger people to take the necessary future actions?
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Strong statements, not hateful ones.

And which of the two do you think has inspired most younger people to take the necessary future actions?
Well its open to interpretation I guess...she was making some pretty hateful expressions.....and the statements come across as personal and hateful to many, as though people chose to live life the way we do, its just evolution and the world is nothing wthout an economy, she should be old enough to understand that, but I guess thats just part of her delivery, to make people listen I guess, however I am not an activist or protestor, all that is alien to me, and young people are already well aware of the point she was making.

Personally I have a lot more admiration for Boyon Slat, maybe because its closer to my own persona. I admire not only his commitment but, but his actual contribution and importantly the modest unassuming way he has gone about it, I admire a traits like that, which brings me to that well known old saying "actions speak louder than words" if you feel strongly enough about something, don't just stand there and complain, do something. Again as another old boss used to say to me "no one likes a whiner Paul" Maybe I have all my old bosses to thank in the way I see things!

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 7:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well its open to interpretation I guess...she was making some pretty hateful expressions.....and the statements come across as personal and hateful to many, as though people chose to live life the way we do, its just evolution and the world is nothing wthout an economy, she should be old enough to understand that, but I guess thats just part of her delivery, to make people listen I guess, however I am not an activist or protestor, all that is alien to me, and young people are already well aware of the point she was making.,
Well, when the scientists say that we need to take a particular action within 12 years (or however long it was) and a year later they say we've got less time - much less time - than originally thought, I think niceties go out the window.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Well its open to interpretation I guess...she was making some pretty hateful expressions.....and the statements come across as personal and hateful to many, as though people chose to live life the way we do, its just evolution and the world is nothing wthout an economy, she should be old enough to understand that, but I guess thats just part of her delivery, to make people listen I guess, however I am not an activist or protestor, all that is alien to me, and young people are already well aware of the point she was making.

Personally I have a lot more admiration for Boyon Slat, maybe because its closer to my own persona. I admire not only his commitment but, but his actual contribution and importantly the modest unassuming way he has gone about it, I admire a traits like that, which brings me to that well known old saying "actions speak louder than words" if you feel strongly enough about something, don't just stand there and complain, do something. Again as another old boss used to say to me "no one likes a whiner Paul" Maybe I have all my old bosses to thank in the way I see things!
At one point I would have got your POV, many of the students on ‘climate strike’ at my kids school were honestly and openly skiving. Also I have followed Boyan Slat (if you’re going to laud him you might want to spell his name right) for a while. I was sucked in by the solutions not complaints argument too, but there is more than one way to help. After all, however laudable clearing the oceans of plastic (at least the visible bits) may be, it doesn’t stop global warming. In the end we are all going to have to make changes to make the world a viable proposition for future generations. Greta is about a month older than my youngest child, and frankly the more parents/grandparents who make a connection between their actions and the prospects for the rest of their family tree the more likely any change that is attempted is to succeed.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Autumn Peltier is a Canadian First Nations teenager, now 15, who has been quietly activating for the last 8 years for more attention to climate change, as well as being active in campaigning for clean water on reserves. She's worked on getting clean water near her reserve, has petitioned the Canadian government, taken Trudeau to task for not acting fast enough, spoke to the UN General Assembly in September 2019, and was on a panel at the Economic Panel in Davos last January.

I've paid more attention to her than to Greta.

Anyone else heard of her??
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 1:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scilly
Anyone else heard of her??
Yes . Me. There again I am interested in all these young people looking to the environmental future. All of them ! It gives me some hope .
Those youngsters need to shout loud and long. They need to be hard hitting. Get themselves right out there and galvanise their generation to own their world.
I really don't care which individual paths they take. What their individual strengths or weaknesses are. Just act and speak. Act and speak NOW.

What does Greta Thunberg bring to the table. She brings her voice and she brings truths that have long been conveniently ignored . She gives others empowerment to have their voice too. That their words & deeds count. She is absolutely correct in what she states. I want more of this. I want all young people who only have this one planet to turn around and shout Enough !

Oh - and - anyone of them has the right to their emotions and to express that. We all do.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I need to stop?? .
Yes you do. You really do. Get behind these young people. All of them.

Originally Posted by Paul Shepherd
.....as though people chose to live life the way we do
and that is precisely her point. It needs to change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.