Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

tributes to dbd33 thread

tributes to dbd33 thread

Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tributes to dbd33 thread

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Do mods wait for a complaint or do they act when they read something that breaks the rules?

I don't usually complain about threads when I feel that someone has attacked me, or been overly nasty in their posts, I prefer to confront them openly. I have complained if I read something that affects another member.

I am not offended by swear words and "profanity". I am offended by the way some posts are written though, and they often don't contain a "swear word". So to my mind the rules are rather imbalanced.
As she said
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Do mods wait for a complaint or do they act when they read something that breaks the rules?

I don't usually complain about threads when I feel that someone has attacked me, or been overly nasty in their posts, I prefer to confront them openly. I have complained if I read something that affects another member.

I am not offended by swear words and "profanity". I am offended by the way some posts are written though, and they often don't contain a "swear word". So to my mind the rules are rather imbalanced.
Almost what she said - I've never complained about anything said to me although I have complained to mods when I've felt somebody else has been attacked unfairly. But I do hate swearing on the forum as it's an open forum that children can read - including mine if I leave the laptop open!!

Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:54 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl
As she said
on this matter the MOD stood in without anyone saying anything or to my knowledge, i stood up for one of the posters as thought it was unfair, swearing on a open forum should not be allowed as that is what it is open.....

If the boards was closed and was only allowed to adults fine, but i know of kids that use the forum, they even have there own hang out here, so yeah swearing should be down to mod's....

the two people did agree to disagree and sorted it, but sadly things after took it course, maybe if you have a beef with the policy then take it up with the mod in question, they all go by the same code
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl
As she said
To an extent also, however on many occasions some posters start issues by virtue of their narrow minded points of view and then complain when people have the termerity to disagree, sometimes forcefully...

Perhaps the old saying 'If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen' should apply to some.....and a little latitude from the Mods may also be in order...

Last edited by macadian; Jan 4th 2009 at 5:07 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

has dbd become persona non grata and, if so, why?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

If I notice another poster being unfairly verbally attacked and if I feel the offending party has clearly 'crossed the line' I might intervene on the thread in question. However contacting a MOD offline is not the course I would take. On the other hand when threads do get out of control they eventually get shut down for the good of everyone.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

A issue I see is that we only ever hear from when there's a problem. We rarely see any of them posting on here except for Biiiink, and the problems have only occurred whilst she was away.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:41 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Has he been banned? I assumed he'd gone on vacation. I can't believe he's been banned because his recent posts have been nowhere near as bad as some in the past. I bet he's reading this from some sunny beach and having a laugh.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Caimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Diggler
Don't bet on it !

I miss his posts. Do you Diggler?

You must live in my neck of the woods btw.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Has he been banned? I assumed he'd gone on vacation. I can't believe he's been banned because his recent posts have been nowhere near as bad as some in the past. I bet he's reading this from some sunny beach and having a laugh.
He told a regular poster to do what comes after three coughs! So they both got banned.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Suspended not banned. If it's temporary.
Isn't banning permanent?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Not sure. When Rich_007 got banned for two weeks, it specifically stated he was banned by the mod that did it.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

It's a temporary ban, not a permanent one.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
It's a temporary ban, not a permanent one.
Why do we all have to be subjected to guessing games? 43 posts and know we are told! Why not simply announce it upfront and let us know precisely what his sins were. We are adults here; we can take it!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Why do we all have to be subjected to guessing games? 43 posts and know we are told! Why not simply announce it upfront and let us know precisely what his sins were. We are adults here; we can take it!
It is posted on the isit cold thread, ray said they are both in the sin bin for a week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.