Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Trainspotters in Calgary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainspotters in Calgary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:23 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Trainspotters in Calgary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all.

I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday as I was waiting at the gates at 162nd AV crossing

Two guys armed with cameras taking pictures of the C-trains passing by! They were still there 30 minutes later as I drove back.

Who the hell gave these guys a visa, I can't believe they can be Canadians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My own take on train spotting is that after working on BR for 14 years, I spent my time getting out the way of the stinky things. I can understand admiring a steam train like the Royal Canadian, but a C train!

Steve
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:34 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Trainspotters in Calgary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Hi all.

I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday as I was waiting at the gates at 162nd AV crossing

Two guys armed with cameras taking pictures of the C-trains passing by! They were still there 30 minutes later as I drove back.

Who the hell gave these guys a visa, I can't believe they can be Canadians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My own take on train spotting is that after working on BR for 14 years, I spent my time getting out the way of the stinky things. I can understand admiring a steam train like the Royal Canadian, but a C train!

Steve

That's not a train it's a German bus on rails......

Actually watching mile long trains crawling and snaking their way through the Rockies can be rather pleasant......
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:05 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

What's a train?

(Nearest one to me is across the straits in Labrador. None on the island for decades.)
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Bet they don't have real ale trains in Canada, my OH is loving his monthly session on a steam train with the Mid-Hants railway. Guess he will miss those. Don't think he's a closet TS, unless he's hiding it under the cloak of ale.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Bet they don't have real ale trains in Canada
Some would argue we don't even have real ale so what would be the point in having a train for it.

This is spoken by one who left England at 16, so never acquired a taste for real ale and most likely wouldn't recognise it if I fell in a vat of it.

Never have liked the taste of Canadian beer either.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

When you get stuck at a crossing, do you find yourself counting the carriages? It's hypnotic and I just can't help myself !

It's the sheer number that amazes the kids ... (not me, of course)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Hi all.

Steve
Was it Butch?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzyanne
Was it Butch?

ooh - you're gonna suffer for that one

run away .....
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:53 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ann m
When you get stuck at a crossing, do you find yourself counting the carriages? It's hypnotic and I just can't help myself !

114 is the most we have counted so far.....whoops, can't believe I confessed to that!

Actually some of the graffiti on the wagons is really cool
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have to admit to that one too . Most I ever counted was 149 carriages.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Yes I have to admit to that one too . Most I ever counted was 149 carriages.
You mean Cars
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:47 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

ooh - you're gonna suffer for that one

run away .....
I know! I know! Just on a crazy high after having meds today, I hope Butch will forgive my tongue in cheek dig
Steven
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:59 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Perhaps they were taking video and still shots for either a movie or some sort of advertising campaign.

However there are "Rail Fans" world wide here's a link to the Railfan.net archive of rail shots taken from the Usenet newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.rail

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:12 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzyanne
I know! I know! Just on a crazy high after having meds today, I hope Butch will forgive my tongue in cheek dig
Steven
If'twernt fur fact tha's frum lancashur, tha'd bi gerin tha eid slapped.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
If'twernt fur fact tha's frum lancashur, tha'd bi gerin tha eid slapped.
Hi Butch, how many have you spotted today then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.