Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:09 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

All updated....and still getting the same message telling me that it won't work!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:10 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
All updated....and still getting the same message telling me that it won't work!
Time for a phone call or email to Toshiba support, maybe?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:14 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Time for a phone call or email to Toshiba support, maybe?
Yep I think you may be right - my other thought was to drop the laptop on the floor and jump on it....
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I think you may be right - my other thought was to drop the laptop on the floor and jump on it....
Don't get disheartened - I'm sure that we'll get it working. This side-tool-bar thingy... Not being sarky, but does it have any option that says anything like "start (or open?) webcam"... Clutching at straws here as I've no idea what the Camera Assistant software looks like.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Don't get disheartened - I'm sure that we'll get it working. This side-tool-bar thingy... Not being sarky, but does it have any option that says anything like "start (or open?) webcam"... Clutching at straws here as I've no idea what the Camera Assistant software looks like.
It does - and I have clicked it and the other buttons and the same notice telling me that it has failed and to restart camera or computer.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

And you're at Service Pack 1 now? What version of Vista are you using? Have seen a couple of places that make reference to installing an Acer provided driver to solve the problem, but I'd be loathe to advise you do that just yet!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also, did you flash the BIOS or take ugacrew's advice not to do that...?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:50 pm

And you're at Service Pack 1 now? What version of Vista are you using? Have seen a couple of places that make reference to installing an Acer provided driver to solve the problem, but I'd be loathe to advise you do that just yet!

Also, did you flash the BIOS or take ugacrew's advice not to do that...?
I am yes and I have Vista Home Premium. I didn't flash the BIOS as I am unsure/unconfident to actually do it!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am yes and I have Vista Home Premium. I didn't flash the BIOS as I am unsure/unconfident to actually do it!
I understand, and it's totally your choice, but they don't release BIOS upgrades without good reason...although I do agree with ugacrew's assessment that it sounds most like a driver issue... My next step would be BIOS upgrade, but maybe Steve's right and now's the time to phone tech support if you're not confident about changing anything else? Good luck!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:05 pm

I understand, and it's totally your choice, but they don't release BIOS upgrades without good reason...although I do agree with ugacrew's assessment that it sounds most like a driver issue... My next step would be BIOS upgrade, but maybe Steve's right and now's the time to phone tech support if you're not confident about changing anything else? Good luck!
Read back through this thread and found the BIOS thing, so am off in search of disk to put all my pics on and will then do it. Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Read back through this thread and found the BIOS thing, so am off in search of disk to put all my pics on and will then do it. Thanks
Before you spend too much time on this, don't forget to check whether you actually need to update your BIOS (i.e. whether it's already at v2.40).

Having said that, it was only released on 26th June, so unless your laptop is really new, chances are you do...and what you want to save to your desktop is here:

http://209.167.114.38/support/Downlo...6-2.40-WIN.exe
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:40 pm

Before you spend too much time on this, don't forget to check whether you actually need to update your BIOS (i.e. whether it's already at v2.40).

Having said that, it was only released on 26th June, so unless your laptop is really new, chances are you do...and what you want to save to your desktop is here:

http://209.167.114.38/support/Downlo...6-2.40-WIN.exe
Yeah I only have the old one....if you never hear from me again, I broke my laptop...!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 5:33 pm

I have flashed the BIOS and nothing has changed. So I think I had better call Toshiba!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 5:35 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I have flashed the BIOS and nothing has changed. So I think I had better call Toshiba!
Give them a call and tell them they owe you a seafood and steak dinner for this trouble.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good luck with the tech call - hope you get someone who can sort this out for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.