Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:02 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Can anyone help me. I can see that my above mentioned PC has a webcam, but I cannot seem to make it work, nor find any programs on my PC relating to it.

What do I need to do to activate it??
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:08 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Windows Vista or XP?

Can you see anything that might resemble a webcam in device manager?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:20 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Windows Vista or XP?

Can you see anything that might resemble a webcam in device manager?
Vista and I cannot find anything that looks remotely like a webcam in the device manager.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:01 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm - is there an option to enable/disable the webcam in the bios perhaps? Seems a long shot though and would expect it to be enabled by default....
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything under "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:33 pm

Nothing under scanners or cameras....and what on earth is a BIOS?!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:41 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

When you restart the laptop, it flashes up Press (usually F1, F2, F10 or DEL) to enter setup - that's the bios. In there you can turn things on or off, but be careful what you tinker with!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by G77
When you restart the laptop, it flashes up Press (usually F1, F2, F10 or DEL) to enter setup - that's the bios. In there you can turn things on or off, but be careful what you tinker with!
So which thing do I press to tinker...hmm perhaps I had better leave it! What if I break it!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AmyDavid,

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 (not sure how different that is to yours) but just fired it up and on mine, what you have to do is move the mousepad so that the on screen pointer is touching the very left hand edge of the screen about one third of the way down from the top left corner. Leave it there a second or two and a little menu will poke out from the side of the screen which enables you to access the webcam facility. There is a similar menu hidden at the top of the screen for adjusting computing settings. Give it a go and see what happens. Hope it works.

So intuitive isn't it, eh!

Eamonn
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:50 pm

Hi - I tried what you suggested but nothing is popping up. The ones across the top are there, just not any at the side!

Thanks anyway
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:56 pm

If I download an updated bios for my laptop, will it wipe everything off my computer?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry AmyDavid...that was my best shot! Stupid question this but your model definitely has a webcam on it I assume?...ie: you can see it above the screen, in the centre...mine has "1.3M" (as in Megapixels I believe) just to the right of the lens. Clutching at straws but was just wondering if they labelled/sold it as a webcam model but that it doesn't actually have one!

Am sure that's not the case but thought I'd ask.

Hope you sort it soon. You can always ring/take it back to the store and ask for a demo...or get them to show you it working on the in strore model. Appreciate that's a hassle though.

Eamonn
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:03 pm

Yup the 1.3m is sitting and looking right at me!! Am sure I will work it out....eventually!

Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Vista and I cannot find anything that looks remotely like a webcam in the device manager.
Not totally relevent (unless you've recently performed this upgrade) but it does indicate what camera software you should have on the lappy in question, and what driver you're looking for...

http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSu...-TSB001405.htm
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:27 pm

Thanks - I think I may be heading in the right direction now! Your a star!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.