Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:07 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 - Webcam

Well I now have the side bar that pops up for the webcam - but it just keeps telling me it has failed and to re-start the computer...grrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Most up to date version of the software is here:

http://209.167.114.38/support/Downlo...7.175.0123.zip

Is yours the same version? (Usually find that info in "help, about"...)

Also, regarding an earlier question you posted about BIOS updates. Having a look at the Toshiba support site seems to indicate that the majority of laptops of your model (don't know your specific part no.) have had BIOS updates published since they were sold. If yours has one available, it's well worth doing. They don't release them unless they've encountered problems that need solving. You can go for years on an out of date BIOS without issues, but then again, you could be one of the unlucky ones that really needs it.

It's dead simple as they've released theirs in the form of a simple Windows application that does it all for you, but if you have anything irreplacable on the machine, do back it up first.

Then go to: http://209.167.114.38/support/techsu...chSupport.asp# and enter your details to get the right BIOS update software to download. Make sure you choose the Vista version, NOT XP!

Download it to your desktop and then double-click on the icon and it'll run a Windows application to Flash the BIOS.

Just be very careful to follow any instructions that are along the lines of not pressing anything at a particular stage, even if your PC seems to not be doing anything!

Last edited by AlexInBC; Jul 10th 2008 at 4:23 am. Reason: BIOS stuff added
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for this - I will back up my pictures later and then give it ago!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:04 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Many thanks for this - I will back up my pictures later and then give it ago!
Don't flash the BIOS unless you really have to. It sounds like you are missing the application the runs your webcam properly. The reason I state this is that you are most likely missing drivers. I know that's the case for my Logitech webcam if I don't have the application installed. I recommend installing that suite of software from the drivers section of Toshiba's website. I'd check your Programs list to see if you have any kind of Web Cam software installed such as Logitech or Creative. You might already have what you need. BTW, what is your model number?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Don't flash the BIOS unless you really have to. It sounds like you are missing the application the runs your webcam properly. The reason I state this is that you are most likely missing drivers. I know that's the case for my Logitech webcam if I don't have the application installed. I recommend installing that suite of software from the drivers section of Toshiba's website. I'd check your Programs list to see if you have any kind of Web Cam software installed such as Logitech or Creative. You might already have what you need. BTW, what is your model number?
Am slowly loosing the will to live...! I cannot find any kind of Webcam Software listed. And for the life of me I cannot find what model number my laptop is!!!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:28 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Am slowly loosing the will to live...! I cannot find any kind of Webcam Software listed. And for the life of me I cannot find what model number my laptop is!!!
There should be a sticker on the bottom of your laptop. Don't loose the will just yet. You'll get there.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:50 pm

OKay - it states that it is a Toshiba Satellite A200 - 03V and then just serial numbers and supplier numbers
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:59 pm
Riding on silver wings

OKay - it states that it is a Toshiba Satellite A200 - 03V and then just serial numbers and supplier numbers
It looks like I'll need those. I'm looking for something that says Part Number. It might look something like this.... PSAE0C-AH106C. It might not be that exact number but that's the format that I'm looking for. I want to be sure to point you to the right software.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:06 pm

OKay - PSAE3C -03V08C
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:34 pm
Riding on silver wings

OKay - PSAE3C -03V08C
Try downloading direct from this link.

http://support.toshiba.ca/support/Do...7.175.0123.zip
Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:15 pm

All done...and it is still coming up saying "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer". Head is now banging on the table...
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:36 pm
Riding on silver wings

All done...and it is still coming up saying "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer". Head is now banging on the table...
I'm sorry it has taken me a while. I've been doing more research on your issue while I've been at work. It appears that a lot of people have issues with the built-in web cam installed in Toshiba Satellite computers. I did find something interesting that may correct the issue. Perhaps you can install Vista SP.1 if you haven't already. I think it might take care of the bug that's plaguing the driver issue.

Download it from Microsoft's Website here...

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:40 pm

Will this wipe things off my system if I download it? By the way, many, many thanks with your help on this. Your a star
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:53 pm
Riding on silver wings

Will this wipe things off my system if I download it? By the way, many, many thanks with your help on this. Your a star
No. This will only update issues dealing with Vista. I've already installed it on my system that I use at work and I haven't had any issues with it. As a matter of fact it has corrected some of the issues that I've noticed when I first moved from XP to Vista. Feel free to go forth with the update.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

I, being always the pessimist, would still recommend you do your photo backup thing first (as the installation will warn you to do, anyway.)

ugacrew's positive experience is definitely the norm., but we have had a couple of people who've had issues with the installation of SP1.

There's no doubt that it is necessary to improve Vista's stability and 99% of people will have no problems. I think the ones we knew, that had issues, were people who downloaded and installed it when it very first came out, rather than waiting until it was offered to them during their auto' updates. (Prior to that, some PC manufacturers hadn't yet produced updates that were needed to work with SP1's changes to Vista.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.