Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by JamesM
There is also the impact those fixtures could potentially have on the confidence of the squad going into the games after.

Craig Forest think's Newcastle are good for the top half. I think so too.

Pardew has done a resonable job despite the controversial circumstances that he entered the position.
I agree with all three points you make. But suppose (just suppose) they win both home games and scrape 2 draws away. They have 26 points from 12 games going in to the trifecta of gloom. That's over half of target one (40 points for survival) in less than a third of the season. Anything from those 3 would be a triumph, but e.g. a draw in one of the 2 Manc matches and a jammy win over Chelsea would give 30 points out of 15 games.

From there a top half would be probable and the top 6 achievable.

Of course they'll probably lose 7 in a row from here on: normal service resumed and all that.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I agree with all three points you make. But suppose (just suppose) they win both home games and scrape 2 draws away. They have 26 points from 12 games going in to the trifecta of gloom. That's over half of target one (40 points for survival) in less than a third of the season. Anything from those 3 would be a triumph, but e.g. a draw in one of the 2 Manc matches and a jammy win over Chelsea would give 30 points out of 15 games.

Of course they'll probably lose 7 in a row from here on: normal service resumed and all that.
I'll back the Toon to hit 50 points.

I think 6th is possible but I expect Arsenal to start making some head way soon (as much as I dislike them).
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:17 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'll back the Toon to hit 50 points.

I think 6th is possible but I expect Arsenal to start making some head way soon (as much as I dislike them).
Without Vanpussy they'd well and truly naffed. Did you see Gazza on the telly. Didn't look very well at all.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like some owners didn't factor the risk of relegation into their purchase price.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...elegation.html

If they want to own a club that can't be relegated they are welcome to sell up and go to north america.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Looks like some owners didn't factor the risk of relegation into their purchase price.

If they want to own a club that can't be relegated they are welcome to sell up and go to north america.
Hear hear. Relegation / promotion is what sets football apart from almost every other sport. Without it the hopes of tens of thousands of supporters of clubs like Leeds, Accrington Stanley, Oxford United, Carlisle etc. etc. etc. would
be pointless and the game would be pointless too.

A pox on North American professional sports.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:00 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf

All we need to do now is add quarters. Rotate the team every two minutes and constantly disrupt the game with commercials.

Let's hope the government approves licenses and this restore's some power to the Football Association.

They need to stop these stupid Yank ideas once and for all.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:30 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

All we need to do now is add quarters. Rotate the team every two minutes and constantly disrupt the game with commercials.

Let's hope the government approves licenses and this restore's some power to the Football Association.

They need to stop these stupid Yank ideas once and for all.
Yes, the whole world is waiting.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

All this with Pardew as manager - that's the real mystery.
It was a good game against Spurs last weekend. I reckon Newcastle will be safe this year. They have a good defence and a decent striker upfront.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:11 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

All perfectly plausible, up until the bit highlighted in red.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:24 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Flogger
All perfectly plausible, up until the bit highlighted in red.
I'd have thought you would've chosen blue highlights; perhaps you couldn't find any.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:28 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have thought you would've chosen blue highlights; perhaps you couldn't find any.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMx6is6OW_c

For your viewing pleasure

Bloody link don't work. You could be right and it was a Dennis wise wondergoal

Last edited by Flogger; Oct 21st 2011 at 2:30 am. Reason: sodding you tube
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

damn, I cost the team 2 points today, made a mistake with the time (in the middle of moving so not thinking straight), so missed 60 minutes of the game.

By the time I started watching we were 2-0 up against Wolves and looking at our first Prem away win.

2-2, I can't help thinking if I missed the whole game we would have won!!
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:26 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by PeterF
damn, I cost the team 2 points today, made a mistake with the time (in the middle of moving so not thinking straight), so missed 60 minutes of the game.

By the time I started watching we were 2-0 up against Wolves and looking at our first Prem away win.

2-2, I can't help thinking if I missed the whole game we would have won!!
I know what you mean. I've been wandering all over Quebec City today and just logged on to find the Toon won 1-0: Still unbeaten, still 4th. Wahey.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

http://chanfeed.com/7763/watch-manch...chester-city-4

This feed is working for me...it appears to be the same video feed etc that Setanta...er Sportsnet World use with Andy Townsend etc doing the half time punditry.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 2:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

There was a lot of Oil Money laundered.

But nice to see the blue half triumph in that format.

Welcome to Manchester.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.