Today's shootings

Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's shootings

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
I love how you use a tragedy to recklessly demonize an entire group of people who had nothing to do with it. The very epitome of bigotry.

I comment wherever I please. You'd obviously prefer that your disgraceful comments just slide by, but that's tough luck.
Daily Fail misses you already, wonder child.

Angry much?

The tragedy is the shooting by the way, and the murder of so many people - not the reputation of the Republicans you love so much.

"nothing to do with it"

Yes except support the gun lobby and laws that enable mentally ill or deranged people to commit mass murder enmasse.

You reveal yourself as an angry, idiotic, Daily Fail reader. The Florida shootings thread comments on you were apt, too bad eh?

Last edited by jerryhung; Feb 19th 2018 at 10:03 am.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the simplistic view of the US today and the gun issue, is that the US is f**ked, well and truly. All of the Genies are well and truly out of they're respective bottles and are never going back. Carry on Congress, many Americans expect nothing from you, and chances are, that's what they will get.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 11:07 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I can't but hope that maybe there might be something good to come from this. Sandy Hook involved kids, who's parents were so traumatized they have probably just want to mentally retire to a black hole of sorrow.

This latest atrocity involves a majority of 14 to 18 year olds who all had friends there who seem to be raising trouble. An admirable group of their fellow students are planning a protest in Washington. Yes, handwringing and tears all round - but also questioning and cries of 'Shame' which hopefully might escalate into debate. One can only hope.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 3:27 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Daily Fail misses you already, wonder child.

Angry much?

The tragedy is the shooting by the way, and the murder of so many people - not the reputation of the Republicans you love so much.

"nothing to do with it"

Yes except support the gun lobby and laws that enable mentally ill or deranged people to commit mass murder enmasse.

You reveal yourself as an angry, idiotic, Daily Fail reader. The Florida shootings thread comments on you were apt, too bad eh?
Name-calling and strawmen - 'Daily Fail' right there, you've lost the argument.

Angry?? You already revealed yourself as so obsessed with partisan politics that you're prepared to moot the usefulness of the murder of a particular group's children (18:52 on 16 Feb), AND suggested that their parents would be OK with it, in exchange for money.

Idiotic? Look in the mirror, cretin.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 3:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Name-calling.....you've lost the argument.

Look in the mirror, cretin.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 4:15 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Just who is Tooboocoo? An old poster returned to wreak vengeance?
Old Feb 19th 2018, 5:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Just who is Tooboocoo? An old poster returned to wreak vengeance?
If it is, after that last post they'll need a new identity.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 2:57 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

it'll sound crass, but I think I'm just very desensitized to all of these "mass shootings" in the US, it's all very "meh" to me.
I should be horrified, but it's hard to be so when this is so common an occurrence, and those who might possibly be able to change things don't, plus being outside of the US, there's nothing you can really do.

I'm not totally anti-gun. Having a gun to use at a shooting range, say for example clay shooting, or a rifle for hunting, that seems ok to me.

An AR-15? For using on a range, ok. But for personal security / protection, umm, no, sorry, don't buy it. This isn't some post nuclear situation, or a zombie apocalypse. The average joe does not need access to such item.

To be honest, I don't see the need to have a hand gun for security of one's person or property. I also don't see why you need to carry a gun with you when out and about.

I recall a border security episode where a family accidentally came into Canada. They were referred to secondary inspection as they had declared they had guns with them. The husband had two hand guns on his person. The wife had one, but it was in their baby's supply / diaper bag.

What goes through these peoples minds? Why any guns at all? Why did one need to carry two guns? Why on earth was one in a baby's diaper bag?

Enough waffling on. I'm sure I'll waffle on more about this kind of thing later this week when there will be yet another mass shooting.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 3:07 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Dig deeper... Ever hear of Canadian "hate speech" laws?

You've just casually slandered half the US population...again.
How? The truth is always a defence against accusations of slander. Until US politicians (and it's by no means only the Republican side at fault) stop taking money from the NRA to do their bidding, then they - and everybody that votes for them - is entirely complicit in the kind of shootings that took place last week. If that means three-quarters of the country is guilty, then that's obviously something Americans have been prepared to live by for the 30 years or so since the NRA started on their current second-amendment crusade in 1977.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus

To be honest, I don't see the need to have a hand gun for security of one's person or property. I also don't see why you need to carry a gun with you when out and about.
I suspect the perceived need to obtain a gun relative to personal safety etc, by many Americans is the perception that everyone else seems to have one. That is to say, gun ownership to a degree is self perpetuating. If one looks at one argument advanced by the gun lobby, is that the best defence against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. And so the beat goes on.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
it'll sound crass, but I think I'm just very desensitized to all of these "mass shootings" in the US, it's all very "meh" to me.
I should be horrified, but it's hard to be so when this is so common an occurrence, and those who might possibly be able to change things don't, plus being outside of the US, there's nothing you can really do.

I'm not totally anti-gun. Having a gun to use at a shooting range, say for example clay shooting, or a rifle for hunting, that seems ok to me.

An AR-15? For using on a range, ok. But for personal security / protection, umm, no, sorry, don't buy it. This isn't some post nuclear situation, or a zombie apocalypse. The average joe does not need access to such item.

I recall a border security episode where a family accidentally came into Canada. They were referred to secondary inspection as they had declared they had guns with them. The husband had two hand guns on his person. The wife had one, but it was in their baby's supply / diaper bag.

What goes through these peoples minds? Why any guns at all? Why did one need to carry two guns? Why on earth was one in a baby's diaper bag?

Enough waffling on. I'm sure I'll waffle on more about this kind of thing later this week when there will be yet another mass shooting.
Same to the desensitization. I feel sad, sure but when it happens all the time and there is just fake outrage and "thoughts and prayers" ad nauseum whilst passing gun laws that enable mentally ill people (or just any man or woman even) to obtain high powered weaponry, it's a @* joke

As to the mindset, many Americans seem to have some weird fearful mindset and think that guns "keep them safe". I've seen so many arguments such as "it's not the gun that killed, it's the person (duh! the gun enabled the mass killing)" or "if we give up our guns, the criminals and government will still have theirs so I will never do that as I need to defend myself (paranoia as usual)"

They honestly just seem to think it is normal and healthy to keep guns.

I remember a couple of years ago, at a Republican convention, the Republican jerks were so afraid of the open gun policy - they didn't want it at their convention despite feeling comfortable with propagating guns into the general population. Bunch of hypocrites.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Idiotic? Look in the mirror, cretin.

The posters in the florida shooting thread said it best about you so I'll let those people speak for themself there.

Make sure you come out with better threats and scaremongering tactics the next time your beloved Republicans get criticized for more FACTS.

Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
How? The truth is always a defence against accusations of slander. Until US politicians (and it's by no means only the Republican side at fault) stop taking money from the NRA to do their bidding, then they - and everybody that votes for them - is entirely complicit in the kind of shootings that took place last week. If that means three-quarters of the country is guilty, then that's obviously something Americans have been prepared to live by for the 30 years or so since the NRA started on their current second-amendment crusade in 1977.
Seems the Republicans are much more degenerate in their recent politics though - rolling back legislation to prevent mentally ill people from obtaining guns? (Trump seems very proud of that one) About to put through laws allowing for general access to silencers (only put on hold because of Las Vegas)? Propogating hysterical conspiracy theories such as Sandy Hook was staged by actors, and most recently, that the kids from the Florida high school asking for gun control are actors.

That is the definition - and enacting - of vile, to my mind.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:50 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a quote from a republican on CNN today. Apparently there are 1.3M concealed weapons permits in Florida amid a total population of 20M. The argument went something like this. Why be afraid of guns when, if you visit the mall, about 1 in 10 will be carrying a gun and they don't shoot people do they?

I googled 'road rage deaths in Florida' and I'm sorry to say that people with guns do shoot other people.. lots of them just not in the mall.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 9:14 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Toobocoo is the NRA's british expats handle.

That's actually rather impressive, in terms of social media penetration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.