Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Those were the days !!!!!

Those were the days !!!!!

Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:14 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those were the days !!!!!

Originally Posted by Morwenna
We had one,...... my darling brother stuck it with the garden fork, to see if it would burst.

It did.

He was an experimental child ........ well something-mental anyway.

It was he who dropped our cat from great heights to see if it would always land on its feet.

He also used my swim-suit and rubber-ring as target-practice out the window with his air-gun ....... that's how I learned to swim (didn't find out til I got to the pool!! )

Bless him.
NEVER let him alter the bindings on your skis.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:43 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

and I thought my brothers were nuts
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
and I thought my brothers were nuts
Nuts, bolts, screws loose ..........

One of his teachers once described him (somewhat unkindly) as a disaster looking for somewhere to happen. He was not a bad lad; not a mean bone in his body, but if there was trouble, he'd be there,.... usually in the middle of it...... with a surprised/aggrieved look on his face!

Favorite/famous quotes:
- It wasn't me!
- She started it!
- Did you want any of this left? (at meal-times)
- I just wanted to see how it worked......
- I didn't know it wasn't break-proof!
- Oh!
- Oww! (eg after putting a screw-driver across two terminals of a plug while it was plugged into the mains)
- Oooh! (After poking the element of an electric bar fire with a steel knitting needle.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
makes me wonder how they will perceive the world as adults.
Quite! Makes me wonder how we'll fare in our old age with them "in charge"
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Those were the days !!!!!

I think mine will concentrate on campaigning for euthenasia on (her) demand. She had a scary grin when she clocked that if her parents pop their clogs she's sole beneficiary.....

My daughter's best ever was aged 2 when in a fit of peak she trailed Ribena in swirls out of her feeder cup all over the Chinese rug. When I walked in and my jaw dropped she said one word 'Accident'.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Nuts, bolts, screws loose ..........

One of his teachers once described him (somewhat unkindly) as a disaster looking for somewhere to happen. He was not a bad lad; not a mean bone in his body, but if there was trouble, he'd be there,.... usually in the middle of it...... with a surprised/aggrieved look on his face!

Favorite/famous quotes:
- It wasn't me!
- She started it!
- Did you want any of this left? (at meal-times)
- I just wanted to see how it worked......
- I didn't know it wasn't break-proof!
- Oh!
- Oww! (eg after putting a screw-driver across two terminals of a plug while it was plugged into the mains)
- Oooh! (After poking the element of an electric bar fire with a steel knitting needle.
I think you just described me as a youngster.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:31 pm
LHK
Forum Regular

LHK has a spectacular aura aboutLHK has a spectacular aura aboutLHK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Voyager970
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

50’s,60's & 70’s!!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.
Well, Voyager, I agree with yout that, as kids growing up in that period, we would do really scary stunts and silly things, without blinking an eye. Just remembered a preposterously stupid "experiment" I did when I was 10 or so. Had the brilliant idea - together with a next door neighbour - to go to the top of the building (seven-store high!) we used to live and drop mayo jars full of water, just to see what happened. No need to mention that there was no parapet, safety net or any other safety device. We went right to the edge of the building and dropped the jars - think we did it with three jars...

Anyway, when do you think the lawyers and those in charge of government were born?

But nice to remember funny things...