Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Third Visit to Toronto

Third Visit to Toronto

Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:07 am
Just Joined

allsorts3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Third Visit to Toronto

Hello, unfortunately (in my eyes) I'm not here about our application to Canada. However, we are thinking of visiting Toronto for the third time in August and hope that some of you would be able to help us. We will not be driving and are starting to wonder if ten days will be too much. We've done the CN tower twice, seen the Argonauts, Raptors and Maple Leafs, done a tour of the Rogers Centre, spent the day at the Islands, been to Niagara Falls and Scarborough (amongst other things of course!) As much as we love Toronto, will we be bored? Is there anything you can recommend for a family of four (two teenagers - 17 and 13) to see and do to keep us going for ten days? Thanks!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Third Visit to Toronto

Originally Posted by allsorts3
Hello, unfortunately (in my eyes) I'm not here about our application to Canada. However, we are thinking of visiting Toronto for the third time in August and hope that some of you would be able to help us. We will not be driving and are starting to wonder if ten days will be too much. We've done the CN tower twice, seen the Argonauts, Raptors and Maple Leafs, done a tour of the Rogers Centre, spent the day at the Islands, been to Niagara Falls and Scarborough (amongst other things of course!) As much as we love Toronto, will we be bored? Is there anything you can recommend for a family of four (two teenagers - 17 and 13) to see and do to keep us going for ten days? Thanks!
How about areas outside Toronto i.e. lakes to the north (maybe a few days in a cottage?), towns on the lake such as Port Hope, etc. I think those places are a millions times nicer than Toronto anyway!

Good luck and have fun - oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

10 days is a long time to be in Toronto.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
especially without a car and two teenagers

to the OP you can search here for things going on in Toronto in August.

http://www.toronto.ca/visitors/index.htm

Last edited by Elaine B.; Apr 8th 2009 at 11:53 am. Reason: screwed up link
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:55 am
Just Joined

allsorts3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies - the last two times we visited was for ten days; maybe now that's too long, haha. Thanks for the ideas, will add them to the list! Any more are more than welcome
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your replies - the last two times we visited was for ten days; maybe now that's too long, haha. Thanks for the ideas, will add them to the list! Any more are more than welcome
The zoo's good and getting there by transit will fill in a day. Also the water park at 427 and Finch, there must be a bus that goes there.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I used to have to spend weeks there at a time thanks to ex-boyf that lived and worked there *shudder*

Anyway, sorry to the OP, I missed the bit where you said you wouldn't have a car. Could you not hire one? The idea of being stuck in Toronto for 10 days with two teenagers, especially if you've already been there twice, would not fill me with joy. There are lots of lovely places further out though.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I used to have to spend weeks there at a time thanks to ex-boyf that lived and worked there *shudder*
It's alright to live in and "weeks" suggests domesticity, it's just not very interesting and so not ideal for tourists.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:43 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Any particular reason why you won't be driving? There are lots of things around Toronto to do but they won't be accessible to you without your own transportation.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:37 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Head up to Cottage Country for a few days.
I love Toronto but 10 days is an awafully long time to vosit any city.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Go to Canada's Wonderland in Maple, north of Toronto. I am sure there is public transport there. It's a great day out, not Disney but a good theme park to spend a day at, with a great new ride. Sure the teenagers would love it, plus in the summer, the water park is open too!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bombards
Go to Canada's Wonderland in Maple, north of Toronto. I am sure there is public transport there. It's a great day out, not Disney but a good theme park to spend a day at, with a great new ride. Sure the teenagers would love it, plus in the summer, the water park is open too!
Or alternatively, shoot yourself in the head.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;7464543]Or alternatively, shoot yourself in the head.

With Teenagers!!!! Guess you can't remember that far back Novo........
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:07 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bombards;7464660]
Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Or alternatively, shoot yourself in the head.

With Teenagers!!!! Guess you can't remember that far back Novo........
Of course I can. I put them on the bloody bus with a wad of cash and a day pass to that hellish place.

You were suggesting accompanying them.

Wash yer brain out.