Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Things that make you feel old

Things that make you feel old

Old Mar 17th 2018, 10:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you feel old

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Thanks for that!
When I see my stepdaughter off to work in the morning I say "Have a good day at the office" and she responds "I won't"

(she doesn't work in an office and she's never seen it)
Old Mar 17th 2018, 10:29 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
When I see my stepdaughter off to work in the morning I say "Have a good day at the office" and she responds "I won't"

(she doesn't work in an office and she's never seen it)

Right then, what's your take on her response if she's never seen it?

I'm now really intrigued...
Old Mar 17th 2018, 11:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Right then, what's your take on her response if she's never seen it?

I'm now really intrigued...
Nothing so mysterious. I told her about it.

On the odd occasion I've even passed her a water bottle and her lunch saying umbrella and briefcase. Of course she didn't reply with a thank you darling.

It's a shame we don't live where the streets are named after poets. Anon Avenue
Old Mar 17th 2018, 11:16 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing so mysterious. I told her about it.

On the odd occasion I've even passed her a water bottle and her lunch saying umbrella and briefcase. Of course she didn't reply with a thank you darling.

It's a shame we don't live where the streets are named after poets. Anon Avenue
To be continued. I must away to bed now, I've just scared the crap out of one of the cats laughing at that one.

Hasta la vista.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 5:30 pm
Gloves off

Can't seem to locate the DVD, but that's hardly surprising as I'm the victim of what the female contingent in this place have termed 'tidying up'.

Good grief, we are MONTHS away from moving, and yet things continue to disappear on a daily basis. If I question the current location of just about anything, I get met with a shrug and a response of 'probably in a box in the garage'.

It's doing my head in, but maybe it's just a way to stop me banging on about the destruction in the park a few metres away.

Bloody well better be...
Old Mar 18th 2018, 8:06 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Constipation makes you feel old. Especially when its really bad and you have to dig it out with a spoon.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Constipation makes you feel old. Especially when its really bad and you have to dig it out with a spoon.
There are certain things that just can’t be un-read. This would be one of them.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 9:20 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I think he got his punchlines mixed up. Work it out with a pencil is the one I know.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 10:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think he got his punchlines mixed up. Work it out with a pencil is the one I know.
That was the constipated mathematician, wasn't it?

Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That was the constipated mathematician, wasn't it?

I'm so old that, in my era, he used logs to work it out.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 1:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm so old that, in my era, he used logs to work it out.
Is that where the term 'logarithm' came from?

Old Mar 20th 2018, 6:06 pm
Gloves off

After a monumental cock-up on the communications front, my jeans have now been located in a warehouse in Oregon where they have been languishing for just over 6 weeks...

And I still don't yet know what the shipping costs will be.
I'm getting there. My package has now been split into three separates in an attempt to duck Swiss import duty - that's a thin line - we'll see.

Handling and shipping costs were quite a bit up on Siouxie's guestimate, but I'll wait until the dust settles and all the credit card bills are in before doing the final reckoning.

Not that I would have found those sizes, cuts and colours here anyway, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be coming out a winner.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 6:17 pm
Oscar nominated

My package has now been split into separates...
One leg at a time?

Old Mar 20th 2018, 6:22 pm
Gloves off

Old Mar 20th 2018, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Indeed.

One thing that makes me feel old is work.... Nearly everyone I work with is under 25.

My body makes me feel old too, it's not a happy camper with physical labor, and appears to be slowly falling apart, back aches, elbows always hurt, and since December something causing my heel of my foot to hurt causing me to limp most of the time and putting more weight on my left side causing my left knee to hurt as a result.

If only there was an office job that could pay the same as I make....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.