Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Are there any Mods out there?

Are there any Mods out there?

Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:00 am
Beat Girl

ANDREA T will become famous soon enough
Default Are there any Mods out there?

Looking for Mod, Psych, Scooterist types to hang out with in Victoria.

We have been living way up north for the last year and are desperate to link up with some like minded souls.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any Mods out there?

D'oh... false alarm

Ill fetch me coat... its not a fish tail parka..
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:08 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

There's a tiny bit of a scene in Vancouver with a few scooterists and a British music night at a local club, but in general it's pretty sad. A desperate lack of decent old scooters and what they do have are nearly all Vespas.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:47 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
There's a tiny bit of a scene in Vancouver with a few scooterists and a British music night at a local club, but in general it's pretty sad. A desperate lack of decent old scooters and what they do have are nearly all Vespas.
I was a mod once. had the long green coat with the RAF sign on the back ...listned to the Jam, the who and the Specials ( and madness were they mods)...but me mam frowned upon the boots and scooters so i took the bus. Sad, very sad.

oh, and watched Quadraphenia over and over and over and over..........................

we used to tie our school ties backwards so the thin side was showing

Last edited by dboy; Sep 8th 2010 at 3:21 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:06 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT7xvMi6pzE

where's me pork pie hat!

okay bit of the rude boy ska.....Buster blood vessel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYpFpUGg80

Last edited by dboy; Sep 8th 2010 at 3:19 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:37 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT7xvMi6pzE

where's me pork pie hat!

okay bit of the rude boy ska.....Buster blood vessel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYpFpUGg80

I was at the Jam gig when they debuted Town Called Malice and That's Entertainment. I had red Lambetta Jet200. Smashing scooter it was, although the fly-wheel cover rattled a bit. Had a nice US army parka with a removable lining and hood. Would never have put patches or badges on it though. Very third class..
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:37 am
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oink
I was at the Jam gig when they debuted Town Called Malice and That's Entertainment.
That must have been brilliant. I loved the Jam but never got to see them live. I've seen Paul Weller quite a few times though.

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight. Probably the best song ever written.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:47 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the Jam at the Masonic Temple in Toronto. It was a strange evening.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:57 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_B
That must have been brilliant. I loved the Jam but never got to see them live. I've seen Paul Weller quite a few times though.

Why? It's a decent enough song, if you like that kind of thing, but it's hardly stunning.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:01 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the best song ever written.
At the time, perhaps, if it predates "Levi Stubbs' Tears".
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:18 am
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Souvy
Why? It's a decent enough song, if you like that kind of thing, but it's hardly stunning.
The lyrics are great and the tune has a real edge to it. It was punk, but with more depth and melody. It's been described by some as one of the great Urban Classics. I tend to agree. But then I like that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by dbd33
At the time, perhaps, if it predates "Levi Stubbs' Tears".
Can't argue with that. Billie Bragg at his best.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:30 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

The lyrics are great and the tune has a real edge to it. It was punk, but with more depth and melody. It's been described by some as one of the great Urban Classics. I tend to agree. But then I like that sort of thing.
Fair enough. I never was fan of Jam. Neither did I like Pink Floyd. Lots of people obviously did. Lots of people probably wouldn't share my liking of Don Ross, Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour. Each to his own.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:27 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

Originally Posted by Souvy
Fair enough. I never was fan of Jam. Neither did I like Pink Floyd. Lots of people obviously did. Lots of people probably wouldn't share my liking of Don Ross, Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour. Each to his own.
A quick Google and I can see what you mean about the artists you've listed. I love the guitar, and those guys are quite exceptional.

It's hard not to love this one though. (Roger Water's vocals are a bit off key, but still a great song.)

Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:32 pm

That's good one. My favourite is Strangetown although most of The Jam songs were brilliant.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:14 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

However, note that Gilmour has a sly smile at Mason (2:28); apparently, according to the internet, they all had a get-together at an Indian restaurant the night before. Although they all pretended there were no remaining disputes, Waters was surprisingly easily tricked, some even say "coerced", into eating a full Chicken Tindaloo with just a small side dish of pilau rice.

Mason, with two Imodium remaining split the said pills with Gilmour a couple of hours before the gig.

During the song, Roger Waters was really desperate for a shit: a runny acid shit in great need of adventurous volcanic escape. He let rip around 2:53 in the video, with visible guff, to his great relief and reviving his vocal ability.

Fact.

Roger Water's vocals are a bit off key

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.