Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Terrorist to get 10.5m reward

Terrorist to get 10.5m reward

Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:49 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorist to get 10.5m reward

[QUOTE=Teaandtoday5;12288558]
That doesn't mean they are right.
I'm afraid they are... they added their names to the petition because they personally disagree with the payout, "the payout is offensive".

But.... that doesn't mean that they fully understand the background. To many this is a kneejerk reaction, after all 10M is a great deal of money and hugely more than most will ever have. I wonder if the petition would have been created and garnered the support it has had the government offered a mere 10K? I suspect not and yet the argument for the payout would remain unchanged.

My argument is that this petition is a reaction to the size of the payout and not a reaction to why the payout was made and therefore the activities of Mr Khadr would be irrelevant.

Last edited by dave_j; Jul 6th 2017 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

The annoying thing is that even if he does not get the money he will still write a book, and there will be a feature film made and he will still be a rich man. As Arfur Daley would say nice little earner my son.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

interesting article.
Make No Mistake, Canada Doesn't Owe Omar Khadr An Apology: Opinion
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:43 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
There is a good point made in that article regarding the definition of a child soldier, this scum bag does not meet that definition by far, yet Canada wants to apologise to him, and the people of Canada can do nothing about it.

Such an embarrassment to Canada and Canadian tax payers
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

It is strange how this was leaked after the Canada Day celebrations were over, guess the PM didn't fancy giving his speech if it had been leaked before.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 2:47 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I wouldn't have joined the fight in the first place but as you appeared to want to argue above, aren't the items in red what you said people sign up for when they elect to fight? Why the change of mind?
No change of mind. My post in reply to Bristol was talking of injuries made worse because they were not treated adequately in Guantanamo and those caused there.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
It is strange how this was leaked after the Canada Day celebrations were over, guess the PM didn't fancy giving his speech if it had been leaked before.
Perfect summary of our PM.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 12:52 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Roll up roll up, come and get your rewards for fighting and killing western soldiers !! Canada pays out 10.5m per terroist if you agree to admit you were fighting against western soldiers

Khadr receives $10.5M settlement from government | CTV News

>I think I can taste a little sick in my mouth this morning<

Last edited by magnumpi; Jul 7th 2017 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Roll up roll up, come and get your rewards for fighting and killing western soldiers !! Canada pays out 10.5m per terroist if you agree to admit you were fighting against western soldiers

Khadr receives $10.5M settlement from government | CTV News

>I think I can taste a little sick in my mouth this morning<
If you swallow that load of old bollocks, I'd expect you to want to throw up.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you swallow that load of old bollocks, I'd expect you to want to throw up.
So u don't think he was paid then ? Have you proof of this DBD ?
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
It's not a question of whether or not he is a terrorist or guilty but that his Charter rights as a child and a Canadian were abused.
And that part will be lost among most of the people who think he shouldn't be given a payout.

He was imprisoned for throwing a grenade during the firefight that resulted in the death of an American soldier. At the time, he was 15 years old and had been brought to Afghanistan by his father, who was affiliated with an extreme religious group.
I'd suggest that anyone taken to a foreign country as a child by a parent is probably going to do what that parent wants them to. It happens to kidnapped children and hostages too.

I'm not going to defend what he did, but when in Rome/Toronto/Kandahar.......

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I just don't buy the argument that what happened at 9/11 was the result of the west's policies against Muslims at the time.
I think it matters very little whether you or I think that. If it's what the terrorists believe, that's the perception we need to change.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic! But no more than can be expected from Ottawa these days. Both sickened and embarrassed to be Canadian today.

Last edited by macadian; Jul 7th 2017 at 1:57 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:51 pm

Your all talking bollox

Whoever thinks 15 is an age where u don't know what you are doing is just nuts!! When I was 15 I left school and signed up for the RAF, I got a job in a haulage company while I waited for my 16th birthday when the RAF took me in. Was I a child soldier too? I was 15 remember when I signed up !! Oh poor me !!!
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If they hadn't wanted the prisoner to interrogate, they could have finished him off right there, but they didn't. If they hadn't put him in Guantanamo and tortured him, he wouldn't have been in the news for more than a day and wouldn't have a case.
Compensation for illegal treatment in custody or unlawful imprisonment has been determined. We don't have to like the law, just obey it. If we feel wronged in this case maybe we should sue the CIA for running Guantanamo.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So u don't think he was paid then ? Have you proof of this DBD ?
I expect he has been, or soon will be, paid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.