Teatime Choices

Old Mar 18th 2017, 7:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Well this cheered us up a little- M&S little shop- Venison hotpot for us, Stonebaked smoky fajita chicken pizza for puplet and a light Cava for Snoop and a Peroni for me given that we have now been up about 28 hours with about an hours sleep on the plane - the rest are just nice goodies - weird split (largish) marmite pot as pano photo
Welcome back to the island. Good pic. Glad to see that you've discovered Marks' low fat range.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 7:53 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Welcome back to the island. Good pic. Glad to see that you've discovered Marks' low fat range.

Thanks - mine is the Marmite, Peroni and the Venison Hotpot which was actually low fat and scrummy- puplet has the bacon, sausage rolls and costal sausages- Pie is not so healthy - 30g of fat... holy crap! will be shared
Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:19 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - mine is the Marmite, Peroni and the Venison Hotpot which was actually low fat and scrummy- puplet has the bacon, sausage rolls and costal sausages- Pie is not so healthy - 30g of fat... holy crap! will be shared
You can take the Puplet out of Britain, but you can't the Briton out of the Puplet! Or something like that. Enjoy!
Old Mar 18th 2017, 10:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

- Pie is not so healthy - 30g of fat... holy crap! will be shared
It isn't uranium ffs .
Old Mar 18th 2017, 10:37 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
It isn't uranium ffs .

I have a responsibility to attempt to promote a healthy diet and then I post a picture like that one! Shard had a point
Old Mar 18th 2017, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Steak and chips! Four cans of lager!
Old Mar 29th 2017, 8:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

St. Hubert Tourtiere and all I want to drink.
French cuisine doesn't have to be a challange.
The original recipe was the one that rendered the Passenger Pigeon (les tours), extinct, mmmmmm.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20170329_145959.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 29th 2017 at 9:05 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 12:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Coq au vin with variation on the usual cheats.

Halved onions in the big casserole pot. Cabbage and mushrooms. A dozen browned chicken thighs - browned under the grill which also removed some fat.

A pack of Colman's coq au vin sauce mixed with leftover wine, a Liptons chicken noodle soup sachet mixed with water (essentially a chicken stock with a few added flavours) and poured into the pot.

Fantastic.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken curry and a couple pints of ale.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to throw together a fast stew, I'll clean and cook one big leek then add onion, garlic, big pile of cooked roast turkey with the few spuds and carrots that were in the pan, some mushrooms, s&p, half of a big sprig of rosemary and the white wine that's in the bottom of the bag from recycling at the bar. How bad can it be?
We'll see if it'll fit in the le Cruset, that would probably help, ha ha.
Just a touch of Maggi, touch of Wooster, dribble of chicken stock, more salt and pepper, little butter and flour and water to thicken and it's done. Not bad at all, despite the wine being red, (hey, it was in a box). Another answer to the question of what to do with leftover turkey. It is more or less coq au vin with a leek in it and turkey instead of chicken, as far as I know.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 14th 2017 at 10:43 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
...How bad can it be?...
Definitely NOT bad.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 10:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Definitely NOT bad.
Well I worked 5:30 - 1:00 and missed breakfast and lunch. I had something to eat (lunchtime choices) but was still hungry, and everyone knows food tastes better when you're hungry. Also dosed it up in the bowl with Frank's Red Hot, I put that $#&% on everything.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 14th 2017 at 10:58 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lager, lager, lager and more lager
Old Apr 14th 2017, 10:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Canuck74
Bless you my child.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 11:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck74
A well balanced dinner.

I'll having some turkey, steamed sweet potatoes and broccoli and then for pudding, and to quote the above, lager, lager and more lager.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.