British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Teatime Choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/teatime-choices-726714/)

Piff Poff Oct 18th 2011 11:58 pm

Re: Teatime Choices

We were going to have slow cooker chicken stuff, however it does help if you make sure someone else hasn't unplugged the slow cooker when you turn it on as your leaving the house in the morning:frown: Not quite sure what to do with it now:confused:

Oink Oct 19th 2011 12:11 am

Its either a Indian, Chinese or Earls. My vote is the Indian as I like to pop into Earls on late on Wednesday afternoons to partake in their cheap beer and chicken wings.

Oink Oct 19th 2011 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9682770)
Its either a Indian, Chinese or Earls. My vote is the Indian as I like to pop into Earls on late on Wednesday afternoons to partake in their cheap beer and chicken wings.

Edited to note: We ended up getting Nando's Portuguese-Mozambican Chicken. It was not bad.

Oink Oct 25th 2011 3:59 am

I'm having a bit of toad-in-the-hole. With peas and some mash and gravy.

Isn't wonderful emigrating to Canada?

Alan2005 Oct 25th 2011 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9693678)
I'm having a bit of toad-in-the-hole. With peas and some mash and gravy.

Isn't wonderful emigrating to Canada?

Not had that in a while now. We had sockeye; I fried it and we ate it with some veggies. The salmon here is rather good isn't it?

dollface Oct 25th 2011 9:27 pm

Having smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese and a fruit and vegetable platter on the side with a selection of dips including chilli infused hummus!........................................

dbd33 Oct 25th 2011 9:32 pm

I'm cooking a vat of collards with chili, bacon and onion. I thought I might sing some spirituals later.

Atlantic Xpat Oct 25th 2011 11:16 pm

This evening I cooked a Kedgeree. OK I know that technically it's a breakfast dish but we've always had it as a main meal. It went down a treat.

shelley748 Oct 25th 2011 11:18 pm

mashed potatoes, minced beef with carrots in gravy!

dollface Oct 26th 2011 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 9695569)
This evening I cooked a Kedgeree. OK I know that technically it's a breakfast dish but we've always had it as a main meal. It went down a treat.

Not had that in years - loved it must make some soon.............

Oink Nov 9th 2011 1:01 am

HID is not here so I have get my own tea. Anyone got any good suggestions? I could order delivery.

el_richo Nov 9th 2011 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9721941)
HID is not here so I have get my own tea. Anyone got any good suggestions? I could order delivery.

Stephos, Roast Lamb dinner :thumbup:

Oink Nov 9th 2011 1:09 am

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 9721946)
Stephos, Roast Lamb dinner :thumbup:

Thanks, thats the place on Davie where there is usually is a queue outside. But my mate used to work there and well . . . I'm thinking either Nando's chicken or wandering over to Earl's for a steak and a butchers at the pretty waitresses.

el_richo Nov 9th 2011 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9721953)
Thanks, thats the place on Davie where there is usually is a queue outside. But my mate used to work there and well . . . I'm thinking either Nando's chicken or wandering over to Earl's for a steak and a butchers at the pretty waitresses.

Thai Basil do a decent take-out just round the corner from Stephos, on Thurlow.

I'm having Butternut Squash soup and posh bread tonight. To be honest it looks a bit shit.

Oink Jan 2nd 2012 7:19 pm

I'm going to have a few people over for a bit celebration soon and I trying plan the food but I'm bit stuck on the sandwich front. As of now I can only think of egg and cress and ham and mustard. Any decent suggestions? I don't want any poncy ones or the Canadian salady ones where they drown everything in Miracle Whip.