Teatime Choices

Old Feb 3rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Wow, that's vintage, what decade is that do you think? And is that a gas mask in his satchel, or a hearing aid? Looks like an odd shape for anything else.
It came up as the 60s on the search. We had one outside the post office in that decade and there was another I used the other side of town going to watch Bristol Rugby at the Memorial Ground with my 'schoolboy pass' also in the 60s.

Strawberry milk was the one I got most.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 10:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It came up as the 60s on the search. We had one outside the post office in that decade
I just found a photo of the post office, milk machine on the left.

The cartons were very waxy. The spout opened easily enough but sometimes the wax cracked and needed spitting out.

Old Feb 3rd 2021, 10:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I had Greek pork chop(s), yellow beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and apple crisp. I had a few bites of the chop, a couple of forkfulls of beans, ate all the potatoes though the gravy was almost as thick, and I ate the dessert even though it was bad as well. Too bad, I thought the apple crisp would be good. A nurse came by and didn't scold me like the one at lunch. I said I should ask for the recipe.... and burn it under a full moon.
More 1% chocolate milk. I don't bother taking the lid off and tasting it now. I don't' like skim milk but use the breakfast 1% in my coffee and cereal, If this chocolate milk was 2% (or if I was starving), it would be a different matter.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 3rd 2021 at 10:51 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 12:24 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I had Greek pork chop(s), yellow beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and apple crisp. I had a few bites of the chop, a couple of forkfulls of beans, ate all the potatoes though the gravy was almost as thick, and I ate the dessert even though it was bad as well. Too bad, I thought the apple crisp would be good. A nurse came by and didn't scold me like the one at lunch. I said I should ask for the recipe.... and burn it under a full moon.
More 1% chocolate milk. I don't bother taking the lid off and tasting it now. I don't' like skim milk but use the breakfast 1% in my coffee and cereal, If this chocolate milk was 2% (or if I was starving), it would be a different matter.
A food porter just brought me a juice and a tiny Danone cherry yogurt for night-time snack; how nice!
Maybe the Greek pork chop recipe got in the cook's book because sometime in his youth he was terribly hurt by a Greek girl, and he can't shake off the anguish.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 4th 2021 at 12:31 am.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 2:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A food porter just brought me a juice and a tiny Danone cherry yogurt for night-time snack; how nice!
Maybe the Greek pork chop recipe got in the cook's book because sometime in his youth he was terribly hurt by a Greek girl, and he can't shake off the anguish.
You need to get outta there.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:02 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Beef and bison stew, baking powder biscuit, and lemon cake.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 5th 2021 at 3:04 am.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to bugger up a stew, I hope it was at least palatable. If you don't want the cake, send it to Nutek
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:27 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hard to bugger up a stew, I hope it was at least palatable. If you don't want the cake, send it to Nutek
They can bugger up a stew, but this one was pretty good! There wasn't a lot of it, but that's ok. The only thing that went back was my 120ml skim milk. If I ever want a cake, all I have to do is choose one from this store on the flashfood app for half price, my next door neighbour works in the bakery there and she will bring it home from work on the bus. She said one woman, 26 years old, does all the cakes there. There are often 10 or more to choose from.

Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

They can bugger up a stew, but this one was pretty good! There wasn't a lot of it, but that's ok. The only thing that went back was my 120ml skim milk. If I ever want a cake, all I have to do is choose one from this store on the flashfood app for half price, my next door neighbour works in the bakery there and she will bring it home from work on the bus. She said one woman, 26 years old, does all the cakes there. There are often 10 or more to choose from.
Nice to have friends in high places! I could scoff that lemon cake in 2 seconds flat.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You will end up a bag o bones at this rate. No dumplings?
Old Feb 5th 2021, 4:30 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Nice to have friends in high places!
It's good to be the king.

Old Feb 5th 2021, 4:40 am
Concierge

It's good to be the king.
Yes, your Majesty
Old Feb 5th 2021, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take the stew and the lemon cake and give you the biscuit. I abhor biscuits.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 1:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
I'd take the stew and the lemon cake and give you the biscuit. I abhor biscuits.
I like a hot biscuit with butter and honey. This one was really crumbly and hard to spread margarine on, but wasn't too bad. Ideally they should be fluffy right through, but mine aren't perfect either. 6.3 out of 10 (that's good for hospital food) and I appreciate their attempt.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Tandoori chicken pizza from Red Swan Pizza:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.