Teatime Choices

Old Aug 4th 2019, 12:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
There are some spice mixes out there that do provide 'that missing bit', the name Connimex (sp?) rings a bell and has a range of products if you have those available in WA? Works equally well for Nasi and Bami. I'll dig deeper...

I have to avoid MSG like the plague, I am highly allergic.

I'm with caretaker on this, I have a not quite Le Creuset (but not far off) heavy cast iron wok, does the biz for me. Up until a year ago I had a slightly less heavy aluminium thing, don't honestly see much of a difference between the two.

What is the heat source? Gas, electric, induction?
I have gas now with a wok burner, so I thought that'd help but doesn't really seem to have.

Oh, sorry! I was posting on two threads without realising. OLB (Old Lady Brain)

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Spelling, as ever, aarrr

Conimex, a Dutch outfit, their website appears to have gone base over apex, but here's the logo to look for.

Will bring bami and nasi up to (and possibly beyond) expectations.

Their saté sauce (in margerine sized tubs, not the dry mix so much) is out of this world....
That's fantastic BB, thanks! Have googled it and it's available here in Oz. Looking forward to trying it!
Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:29 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to give the discussion a nudge out of teatime choices and toward the food thread.

Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to give the discussion a nudge out of teatime choices and toward the food thread.
You're not confused, I'm confused! Or maybe we're both confused. I dunno, I'm confused now
Old Aug 4th 2019, 5:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have gas now with a wok burner, so I thought that'd help but doesn't really seem to have.

That's fantastic BB, thanks! Have googled it and it's available here in Oz. Looking forward to trying it!
Urm... so you didn't see my post with links then, lol
Teatime Choices
Old Aug 5th 2019, 6:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Shamb Lanks for supper tonight. Can you smell them cooking?
Old Aug 5th 2019, 11:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Stir fry, ready just in time for Jeopardy!
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had cucumber salad and duck with ginger sauce.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 5:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Delish. I really like eating duck but sshhh , do not let me drake hear that.

Tonight is a lamb roast. A small lamb roast. Just about a lamb roast.
It is just 1 kilo. On extra special from $20 NZD a kilo to $16 NZD a kilo. Brilliant prices at half the usual dollar pain. Likely that which was not good enough to export and lambing season is coming up.

Anyway. We'll scoff that lot . Good treat.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 5:51 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BEVS
Delish. I really like eating duck but sshhh , do not let me drake hear that.
I thought twice about posting because I know you like ducks. Does he still pay attention to his decoy?
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:05 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

HID has stopped me eating absolutley anything (some sort of cosmic fasting thing) for the last two days. I'd naffing murder for a Cornetto.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:46 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
HID has stopped me eating absolutley anything (some sort of cosmic fasting thing) for the last two days. I'd naffing murder for a Cornetto.
Is HID's name Mrs. Fritzl?
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:52 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
When I get up in 4 or 5 hours I intend to make a couple of BLT's and have them for breakfast, in your name. If I could share I would.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 7:03 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Is HID's name Mrs. Fritzl?
Unfortunately she's not quite as attractive and sexy as her male counterpart.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 7:14 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

You must be mere skin and bone by now. Well done, keep it up. Have a small glass of water on me!
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:22 pm
Lowering the tone

Well my tea tonight was rocket salad with quinoa and roasted peppers. Really delicious. But my weekend treat is happening tonight too... I have a nice bottle of Malbec which I shall thoroughly enjoy while watching Dundee United (hopefully) beat Partick Thistle. The only booze I'll have in 10 days.

Tomorrow, up early and my pilates/yoga session for penance.

No, my account has not been hacked. This is what happens to people when they turn 50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.