Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Tattoos ......................

Tattoos ......................

Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:35 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tattoos ......................

I had my first tattoo done when i was 18. It is of the grim reaper cricket ball in hand, bowling left arm over. I believe its unique as we made it up on the day.
This was done at the pub over the road, while filling the tattooist up with 2 or 3 beers. to help his shakes subside.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It seems to me that a "Tramp Stamp" is specifically a tat on the back, just above the buttocks, "Arse Antlers" in England. One wonders what use it would be to have a relative's dates of birth and death back there; whenever you needed to know them you'd have to go to a complicated bathroom to use both mirrors.

You think, that if one was in a positon to examine that type of tattoo closely the last thing they'd need was more visual stimulation.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:23 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Tattoos are for pikeys. That is all.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:28 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You facking racist.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/79744-pi...race-hate-word
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dryden - in the bit of Ontario that everyone forgets about.
rob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your deep and insightful thoughts on this topic. Would you care to expand on your reasoning behind your statment?

Personally, I don't know many pikeys but I do know a lot of people with tattoos.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

They're chavy when you're young and desperate when you're middle aged.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 7:28 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
What about when you're old like you and me? Asinine I should think.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 7:46 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

But people can see how hard you are on the beach or at the swimming pool, without having to bring your wolf.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
What about when you're old like you and me? Asinine I should think.
My mate got one of Barbara Stanwyck as soon as he left school. I bet he regrets it now.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob28
Thank you for your deep and insightful thoughts on this topic. Would you care to expand on your reasoning behind your statment?

Personally, I don't know many pikeys but I do know a lot of people with tattoos.
I have no issue with your tattoes but I do wonder how wearing one's hair in the manner of a Shuana Sand himbo goes over in the far north.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:25 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

My mate got one of Barbara Stanwyck as soon as he left school. I bet he regrets it now.
The tattoo probably has more wrinkles than she did when the bucket was kicked.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dryden - in the bit of Ontario that everyone forgets about.
rob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have no issue with your tattoes but I do wonder how wearing one's hair in the manner of a Shuana Sand himbo goes over in the far north.
I've just had to Google Shuana Sand - I must be getting old.
For reference, the 'himbo' photo was about 17 years ago in my Ibiza clubbing era. I now have a (receeding) No1 all over in my natural colour.
The accent already raises enough questions and looks - I think a 6ft2 peroxide blonde englishman might just push the locals over the edge.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had to Google Shuana Sand - I must be getting old.
Perhaps not old enough...

For reference, the 'himbo' photo was about 17 years ago in my Ibiza clubbing era. I now have a (receeding) No1 all over in my natural colour. The accent already raises enough questions and looks - I think a 6ft2 peroxide blonde englishman might just push the locals over the edge.
I thought as much and so wondered how you were managing. The idea that you were ok up there tempted me to venture as far as Barrie, I shan't risk that now.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 4:17 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

I have one that covers all of my lower back. I got it when I was 36 and it's very meaningful for me - it reminds me that my guardian angel is always watching my back.

I don't really have any plans for another, and I'm really happy with it still. I had thought of getting one when I was 18, but didn't because I couldn't be sure that I would still like it later in life.

Where my tattoo is, it isn't visible unless I really want to show it off, and a lot of the time I forget that it's there. I will probably have it touched up in the next few years though, as it's beginning to fade slightly, and I'd like it to remain being a sharp dark black.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice

People are entitled to their own opinions, but i think nowadays people with tattoo's out number those without

I have 6 'tramp stamps'

my first was when i was 19 and the last one was when i was 29, I Have mine and my sons initial in chinese, top of my leg i also have his name, at the bottom of my back i have a symbol for love,on my left shoulder a lilly on my ribs and 4 stars down te top of my back.

Do i regret them, NO....they are things i have done in my life and are personal to me, i dont give a shit if people like them or not they are for me. I was the first person in my family to get a tattoo as neither of my parents have them. If someone wants to judge me on my tattoo's thats their issue not mine, they can be covered up or shown off whatever i choose to do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.