Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Talking about wooden floors!

Talking about wooden floors!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Talking about wooden floors!

Brings me neatly on to this BBQ, purchased last year.
It's crap, took me an afternoon to build and has numerous things go wrong with it since, and look where it's made. I won't take it back because B&Q want me to dismantle it and I won't, so I lost my money. Bloody Canadian rubbish.
Attached Thumbnails Talking about wooden floors!-bbq.jpg   Talking about wooden floors!-bbq2.jpg  
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Talking about wooden floors!

Originally Posted by steve666
It's crap,
Well, yes, it's gas.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well, yes, it's gas.
Propane too, I was sooo proud, I got all my man friends over to drool over it (not literally) and it kept going out, pipes were blocked, cleared them worked for a while, then the other blocked and so on and so on till I was being laughed at like a pariah
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:43 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Well, yes its a "fiesta". Of course its crap. Didnt you ask anyone before you bought it?

In that case "Made in Canada" quite probably refers only to the work you did in putting it together.

Nowt wrong with gas. Sounds like the venturi gap is wrong, or else you need to fiddle with the regulator to try and get more gas going through it.

Last edited by Notiaink...honest; Jun 26th 2007 at 6:45 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Notiaink...honest
Well, yes its a "fiesta". Of course its crap. Didnt you ask anyone before you bought it?

In that case "Made in Canada" quite probably refers only to the work you did in putting it together.
I live in Moscow!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:49 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

I live in Moscow!!!!
So I see. Id assumed that was the one near Kingston, not so far from Bastard Ontario.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's crap, took me an afternoon to build and has numerous things go wrong with it since, and look where it's made. I won't take it back because B&Q want me to dismantle it and I won't, so I lost my money. Bloody Canadian rubbish.
Well no wonder it doesn't work. Any fool can see you've built it backwards.

Like that architect's house.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

So I see. Id assumed that was the one near Kingston, not so far from Bastard Ontario.
No, it's the one on the Moskva river, Russia, that place next to Ukraine.
Not really! I live in Moscow England, near Reading.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well no wonder it doesn't work. Any fool can see you've built it backwards.

Like that architect's house.
But I don't have horses?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But I don't have horses?
Just as well. Canadian horses don't work over there either. Wrong voltage.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nowt wrong with gas. Sounds like the venturi gap is wrong, or else you need to fiddle with the regulator to try and get more gas going through it.
I've fiddled with it till my fingers are red raw, I had another go last week and got one side working then tried clearing the other jet, put the gas through (thru) and the only thing that had gas coming up was the side gas cooking ring which had never worked! So I kicked it and the gas bottle fell off the stand onto the cat. Have you ever seen a three legged cat run up a fence? It doesn't go very far.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just as well. Canadian horses don't work over there either. Wrong voltage.
So to recap, Canadian goods only work in Canada. They're spiked so's not to work in other countries, is that because of the cartels?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:06 pm
Born again atheist

So to recap, Canadian goods only work in Canada. They're spiked so's not to work in other countries, is that because of the cartels?
Oh no, I never said that. But Canadians know not to buy Fiesta BBQ's. As notiaink pointed out, they don't work here either.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

But Canadians know not to buy Fiesta BBQ's. As notiaink pointed out, they don't work here either.
So they palm them off to the English, oh sorry, Russians.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

So to recap, Canadian goods only work in Canada. They're spiked so's not to work in other countries?

Not at all.

It's that cheap UK propane you trying to force feed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.