Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

This takes the biscuit for being dumb on a Friday

This takes the biscuit for being dumb on a Friday

Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default This takes the biscuit for being dumb on a Friday

I had to share this because even I can`t believe I was soooooooooo dumb at lunch

I needed to do 2 things today, post a letter to the UK and collect a parcel (my new wireless modem woohoo!)

So (thinks I) i`ll go to the drug mart (they have an offshoot of the post office in there) and I can post my letter there. About a 5 minute walk away.

Then I think i`ll go to the post office (the big one) and collect my modem, a 10 minute walk in the other direction.

Only did it dawn on me whilst I was in the drug mart quite happily paying for the postage that I could have done this at the main post office where I am now off too

How thick is that, y'know something I can't even begin to believe I did something quite that stupid, I scare myself sometimes.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This takes the biscuit for being dumb on a Friday

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I had to share this because even I can`t believe I was soooooooooo dumb at lunch

I needed to do 2 things today, post a letter to the UK and collect a parcel (my new wireless modem woohoo!)

So (thinks I) i`ll go to the drug mart (they have an offshoot of the post office in there) and I can post my letter there. About a 5 minute walk away.

Then I think i`ll go to the post office (the big one) and collect my modem, a 10 minute walk in the other direction.

Only did it dawn on me whilst I was in the drug mart quite happily paying for the postage that I could have done this at the main post office where I am now off too

How thick is that, y'know something I can't even begin to believe I did something quite that stupid, I scare myself sometimes.
As my cousin often used to tell me "If you had a brain you would be dangerous"......
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
As my cousin often used to tell me "If you had a brain you would be dangerous"......
Err, you've said that to me before batty. So it's your cousin's fault now I'm supposed to believe? Riiight.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:07 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Err, you've said that to me before batty. So it's your cousin's fault now I'm supposed to believe? Riiight.
I been told on numerous occasions that if I had a brain cell it would be lonely.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:25 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Could it be your age
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:28 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

If it makes you feel any better I went to the cash machine en route rushing to go get my son from nursery and asked for £20 (it was really slow on feeding out the money - this is me trying to look better here) and you'll not believe it but I got my card and got to my son's nursery, only to realise that I'd forgotten the bl**dy money!!

I felt such a tw*t going to the bank (which made it so much worse), however I was VERY lucky and as no-one had been to machine behind me it took the money back and I got my £20 recredited. (I felt a right donut)
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:46 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Could it be your age
it could be a culmination of things age being one of the many pieces of the pie, aaaaaw Mrs Lauder at least you got your money back (careful about letting the scottish side down there)
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:53 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

it could be a culmination of things age being one of the many pieces of the pie, aaaaaw Mrs Lauder at least you got your money back (careful about letting the scottish side down there)

At least you'll know your not the only one!! - it's being a gal and having to multitask and think about doing a million and one things!! well it's as good an excuse as any
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

aww, fancy you remembering, which is more than I did.

Yep, blame my cousin. He's from up north too

He also says "sharp as a tennis ball" and his answer to how long is a piece of string is "a carrot this colour". Strange man, lovable, but weird.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Strange man, lovable, but weird.
Is he a mackem too?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:48 pm
Going for a Soda

TiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the rough

I can see the logic your brain took. Maybe the big post office would be too busy - you may have to join a new, very long queue to buy a stamp as the person giving you the registered mail couldn't sell you one. Wrong counter. You know how these places are.

Maybe you needed something from the drug mart, but didn't consciously know. The fact you didn't buy anything else means the thing you didn't know you needed was out of stock.

Y'see, you're not going mad after all.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Is he a mackem too?
Same place as me, so maybe to you, yes. I think this mackem thing is recent ???? We didnt have mackems when I was a lass.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:57 am
Born again atheist

Same place as me, so maybe to you, yes. I think this mackem thing is recent ???? We didnt have mackems when I was a lass.
To be perfectly honest, you're right. It appears to have appeared in the 80's. When I wor a lad, they wor jus' them reed and white stripey buggers.

If you google mackem you'll find the putative origin, but it sounds a bit fishy to me.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

I put my new cell phone through the wash! Doesnt work anymore
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

more likely the valentines choc intake it happens to us all ( say that to make you feel better ) did make me laugh though are you blonde thats my excuse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.