Swine Flu

Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:41 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swine Flu

Originally Posted by Largo
[/I][/COLOR]

How very kind of you to think about me. I can be snarky too!

It did NOT originate in Canada. It originated in Mexico. Just as the 9/11 problem did NOT originate in Canada, though the US pointed a finger in our direction . After much investigation, it was proven without a doubt, that the 9/11 terrorists accessed the US using US planes and US documents. For the US an ' inconvenient' truth.

Recently, the US is again beefing up security and demanding that all land travellers using the US/Canadian border whether they be US or Canadain citizens have passports, to prove their identity. In the past a driver's licence or a birth certificate was enough. When questioned on the reason for this, the person in charge of the US Home-Security , and also the defeated Republican Presidential candidate both re-hashed the erronious allegation that the 9/11 terrorists made their way to the US via Canada.They also suggested that the border with Canada was more of a problem than that with the border with Mexico

So , when the news is fresh I suggested that we declare that Canada is NOT to blame for the flu' apparently now rampant nor did it originate here, so that in the future Canada can not be blamed for that too.

Unfortunately, truth can be twisted to suit one's agenda.And many people really believe what 'those in authority' tell them, true or not, and don't bother to check .

I hope this answers your post el_richo.
My first part was Sarcasm, not intended to be snarky

The second part was just pure curiosity as i'd not read anything about originating from canada.

Had i known you were Michael Moore in disguise i'd have kindly remained incommunicado
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
My first part was Sarcasm, not intended to be snarky

The second part was just pure curiosity as i'd not read anything about originating from canada.

Had i known you were Michael Moore in disguise i'd have kindly remained incommunicado

Hardly Michael Moore, I assure you .
To me sarcasm and snarky are the same thing
I did realize that you were not up on the political cross border Canada/US issue;therefore the long explanation .
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:42 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:06 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:20 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

yep love it - just nicked it as facebook profile pic!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:47 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
My daughter says that someone in her School just got back from Mexico (there are two confirmed cases in Alberta), and my Mum called me today to see if we're all ok and said that a School has been closed over there as a result. Hope me OH gets back OK from his jaunts around the US.
Does your Mum live in Mexico City, or is this another British hysterical reaction?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Does your Mum live in Mexico City, or is this another British hysterical reaction?

No - and No!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8025649.stm

(thank god I found that - my mum is prone to a little (ok a lot) of exageration and I should have thought to check first... LOL )
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

So even if this becomes a full-blown pandemic, what are the chances of actually catching it? And even if you do catch it, what are the chances of actually dying from it? Outside of Mexico, seems like this flu variant is milder - the two Scottish honeymooners said they thought they were jetlagged!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newshoney
So even if this becomes a full-blown pandemic, what are the chances of actually catching it? And even if you do catch it, what are the chances of actually dying from it? Outside of Mexico, seems like this flu variant is milder - the two Scottish honeymooners said they thought they were jetlagged!
Honeymooners???? probably just shagged not jet lagged
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swine Flu (Not for minors)

In a similar vein......
Attached Thumbnails Swine Flu-pig-flu.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:07 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newshoney
About the same as getting normal flu...........which kills thousands every year but doesn't make the news!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
About the same as getting normal flu...........which kills thousands every year but doesn't make the news!
Is there such a thing as "normal" flu? Are all influenzas just a variation on a basic type of virus?

E.g. if I recall correctly, last year's panic about avian flu was the HN51 (? something like that anyway) and this swine flu is now H1N1 or something... I can't help but this is just media sensationalisation of "life as normal".

If anyone knows better I'd be happy to be corrected.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:20 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Is there such a thing as "normal" flu? Are all influenzas just a variation on a basic type of virus?

E.g. if I recall correctly, last year's panic about avian flu was the HN51 (? something like that anyway) and this swine flu is now H1N1 or something... I can't help but this is just media sensationalisation of "life as normal".

If anyone knows better I'd be happy to be corrected.
Avian Flu strain is H5N1

Flu is flu is flu, just different strains by normal I meant strains that have already been seen in humans.

Yep, is life as normal...........something to keep an eye on but nothing more at the moment.

Having had 'normal' flu in the past year, the mild version of H1N1 that peope are having sounds like a slight cold to me.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

as opposed to man flu which renders 50% of the population completely useless within seconds
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
as opposed to man flu which renders 50% of the population completely useless within seconds
I'm completely useless 90% of the time anyway so what's the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.