Wikiposts

Swine Flu

Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:29 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swine Flu

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Theres nothing small about me.
Let me just finish my "Turkish Delight" then we shall discuss the pricing of the said Big Smalls !
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonJuan

On another note, was talking to a collegue who's family member is a nurse and she said there were 4000 deaths last year from normal "flu", and it hardly got any press.....so far the death toll is around 160 for Swine Flu and thats is getting sensational press coverage.....something has to give right?

Mmmmm tis true - how do you class something as an epidemic or pandemic or whatever we are two levels away from it being called. What I mean to say is - why are people so worried about swine flu when normal flu is just as bad?

Is it the percentage of people that have contracted it that have died? - is it how quick people have died that have caught it? - what?
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
He's the one that gets turkish delight, and by that I mean the chocolate bar

I think its him you pixels merge into one over time.
Yes !......................of what service can i be ?
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Let me just finish my "Turkish Delight" then we shall discuss the pricing of the said Big Smalls !
Is that what they call it in TO
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:38 am
NEMESIS

Is that what they call it in TO
Wouldn't you like to be full of "eastern promise" ?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:44 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't you like to be full of "eastern promise" ?
I wouldnt want to be full of anyones 'promise' thank you.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I do. I was only thinking last night over dinner, "I wonder why Largo is returning to Canada". How shocked i found myself to see you'd posted this only hours later. Maybe i'm telepathetic

In all seriousness[COLOR="red"]..........where did you get the info from that says it [/COLOR]originated in Canada?

How very kind of you to think about me. I can be snarky too!

It did NOT originate in Canada. It originated in Mexico. Just as the 9/11 problem did NOT originate in Canada, though the US pointed a finger in our direction . After much investigation, it was proven without a doubt, that the 9/11 terrorists accessed the US using US planes and US documents. For the US an ' inconvenient' truth.

Recently, the US is again beefing up security and demanding that all land travellers using the US/Canadian border whether they be US or Canadain citizens have passports, to prove their identity. In the past a driver's licence or a birth certificate was enough. When questioned on the reason for this, the person in charge of the US Home-Security , and also the defeated Republican Presidential candidate both re-hashed the erronious allegation that the 9/11 terrorists made their way to the US via Canada.They also suggested that the border with Canada was more of a problem than that with the border with Mexico

So , when the news is fresh I suggested that we declare that Canada is NOT to blame for the flu' apparently now rampant nor did it originate here, so that in the future Canada can not be blamed for that too.

Unfortunately, truth can be twisted to suit one's agenda.And many people really believe what 'those in authority' tell them, true or not, and don't bother to check .

I hope this answers your post el_richo.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:57 am
NEMESIS

I wouldnt want to be full of anyones 'promise' thank you.
But i bet you've been on "many a promise"
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Is it the percentage of people that have contracted it that have died? - is it how quick people have died that have caught it? - what?
Seems it's getting very big, very quickly and people are not taking it seriously enough. There are apparently hundreds of kids from one New York High School sick as of yesterday, and several kids from a Nova Scotia school in the same boat. A two year old from Texas has died from it.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/0...co-090425.html

My daughter says that someone in her School just got back from Mexico (there are two confirmed cases in Alberta), and my Mum called me today to see if we're all ok and said that a School has been closed over there as a result. Hope me OH gets back OK from his jaunts around the US.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:00 am
Banned

But i bet you've been on "many a promise"
sussed me
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:05 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The reason that this flu virus is receiving so much attention is that it is a novel strain that has not been seen in humans before, so there is no natural immunity and no previous virus that has contained a vaccine for it.

There is no vaccine, though the fact that it *hasn't* been seen in humans means that the antivirals work well - there is no resistance that's been built up.

And the virus has killed many young and presumably healthy children and adults, as was seen in the 1918 epidemic. The child who died in Houston was a Mexican national who was visiting the border city of Brownsville, Texas when s/he fell ill and was hospitalised. Later the child was transferred to Houston after the disease worsened.

So according to the press - our economy is like 1929, and the flu is like 1918. Anyone for a drink?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:06 am
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Anyone for a drink?
On my way !
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:10 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

On my way !
I may have to join you... I need to check if Prohibition is in effect.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:13 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Mmmmm tis true - how do you class something as an epidemic or pandemic or whatever we are two levels away from it being called. What I mean to say is - why are people so worried about swine flu when normal flu is just as bad?

Because it's usually a new virus that fewer people have immunity to.

Epidemic is a local increase in the incidence of a disease. Pandemic is when is spreads further, ie across a continent, or the world. No necessarily meaning a huge number of cases, just significantly more than is usual.

Here you go, a little light reading

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cpip-pclcpi/s02-eng.php

and

http://www.northumberlandcaretrust.n...%20leaflet.pdf

Last edited by fledermaus; Apr 29th 2009 at 9:19 am. Reason: added link
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:19 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Because it's usually a new virus that fewer people have immunity to.

Epidemic is a local increase in the incidence of a disease. Pandemic is when is spreads further, ie across a continent, or the world. No necessarily meaning a huge number of cases, just significantly more than is usual.

Here you go, a little light reading

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cpip-pclcpi/s02-eng.php

and

http://www.northumberlandcaretrust.n...%20leaflet.pdf
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.