Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sunset in Calgary last nite

Sunset in Calgary last nite

Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sunset in Calgary last nite

Believe it or not, the pic was taken as we were landing in calgary airport. I had to crop it and fix it a bit because it was blurry.

Remind me please not to share pics with you all anymore......
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:06 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
well now, that's intriguing, 'coz that's exactly the same picture, and purports to be from 29 July 2007.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres the one from the website alongside yours as well as one that I cropped from the website, what an amazing coincidence.
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-calgary-skyline-sunset.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-calgary-skyline-sunset2.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-calgary-skyline-sunset3.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

This picture was taken from somewhere E or SE of the downtown core.
For sure. That looks like the grandstand at the Stampede (just behind the string of lights).
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rwin
For sure. That looks like the grandstand at the Stampede (just behind the string of lights).
it is, that picture is taken from somewhere near 25th ave SE behind the stampede grounds. the large flag in the picture is by erlton stampede c train station.

i can tell as i can see my house on it and ive taken similar pictures from there myself..... it is certainly not taken from the airport..

why lie and say you took a photo when you clearly didnt... you made a nice story into a farce..

Last edited by Kittykerr; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:25 pm. Reason: i meant 25th ave not 24th!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[

why lie and say you took a photo when you clearly didnt... you made a nice story into a farce..[/QUOTE]

I have reported your comment.

Moderator - please close this thread.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:00 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore

There's really nothing to report to the mods.

Come on Sue, 'fess up you've been clearly busted.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve_P
There's really nothing to report to the mods.

Come on Sue, 'fess up you've been clearly busted.
Steve - I have nothing to confess. I know where the pic was taken and when.
My last comment.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:04 pm

Steve - I have nothing to confess. I know where the pic was taken and when.
My last comment.
I'm sorry Sue but I know enough about photography, aircraft approaches, and Calgary to know you never took that picture.

I'm very, very disappointed that you won't own up to the fact.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

oh no, im so upset.... why dont you phone the police too, or maybe the FBI... what forum rule did i break? lol... please mr moderator, dont hurt me...

are you disputing you lied? when someone has proven its a photo took back in july. and certianly taken from the ground not the air... do you want me to go and take a picture from the same spot to show you??? i can see it from my window right now...

you're the one who has made yourself look silly by posting someone's picture as your own...

Last edited by Kittykerr; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:09 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

[

why lie and say you took a photo when you clearly didnt... you made a nice story into a farce..

[/QUOTE]

Report away. I am happy to apologise if you can prove that you took the picture you posted. Its identical to the website one. The cloud formation is the same the time of day is the same, the photograph was taken from the same spot. It even has the same file name with "- " between the words. Is there a stadium at the airport? you can see it clearly if you zoom in on your picture

You would have more credibility if you owned up and said it was a fair cop.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

[

[/QUOTE]

Its not a farce, its plagiarism.

Last edited by fledermaus; Sep 6th 2008 at 12:11 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

"your" picture was taken from roughly the centre of this picture. where you can see the large white curved building like a tube behind the grandstand there is a green area with a hill. that is 25th ave SE /spiller road area..

thats where the picture was taken from roughly... if it was on a plane i would be asking for my money back for the fright you must have suffered flying 10 feet from the ground in calgary's core....
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-dsc00512.jpg  

Last edited by Kittykerr; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:26 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
"your" picture was taken from roughly the centre of this picture. where you can see the large white curved building like a tube behind the grandstand there is a green area with a hill. that is 25th ave SE /spiller road area..

thats where the picture was taken from roughly... if it was on a plane i would be asking for my money back for the fright you must have suffered flying 10 feet from the ground in calgary's core....

Actually this shot is taken from the wrong side of the Stampede grounds.

To have the shot with the sunset, it would have to have been taken from around 6th Street SE between Alexander Street and Ramsay Street.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.