Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sunset in Calgary last nite

Sunset in Calgary last nite

Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:02 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunset in Calgary last nite

Originally Posted by Flogger
Swop ya
NO thanks
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Actually this shot is taken from the wrong side of the Stampede grounds.

To have the shot with the sunset, it would have to have been taken from around 6th Street SE between Alexander Street and Ramsay Street.
to get that view of the grandstand you would have to be around 25th avenue/spiller road. which is just south of ramsay street.. almost an opposite angle from my picture..

i know my picture wasnt the same, its a direct opposite.. i was simply showing the reverse angle to show where the picture was taken from... my house which is opposite stampede station is in the sunset picture..
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Shawn_ldn is an unknown quantity at this point

the sunsets here in Calgary are incredible (well, they seem to be in the time that I have been here). Amazing big sky with colours, and the cloud formations are incredible. Best places to view them surely have to be on top of Nosehill, the COP or by I think it is Crescent Hill? overlooking the city.
Amazing.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:06 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shawn_ldn
the sunsets here in Calgary are incredible (well, they seem to be in the time that I have been here). Amazing big sky with colours, and the cloud formations are incredible. Best places to view them surely have to be on top of Nosehill, the COP or by I think it is Crescent Hill? overlooking the city.
Amazing.

They truly can be .... especially when there's a chinook! The first November we were here I saw the most incredible one. I was crossing the parking lot at Dalhousie Co-op, and I just stood and stared.... I've never seen a sky like it before (nor since actually). I didn't have a camera with me, and I was on my own so I couldn't even tell someone "Look at that!!!". Here's an example anyway ...... I think these might have been of that same sunset .... same year anyway.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...BA:en%26sa%3DN

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Sep 7th 2008 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:25 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of pics we took back in 2006 over in Rocky Harbor on the west coast of Newfoundland. One of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen.
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-rockyharbor1.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-rockyharbor2.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
Here are a couple of pics we took back in 2006 over in Rocky Harbor on the west coast of Newfoundland. One of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen.
Beautiful
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

A tad further west than Calgary but here's a couple.

Kihei, Maui, Hawaii

Cheers
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-mauisunsetw.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-kihei-sunsetii.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve_P
A tad further west than Calgary but here's a couple.

Kihei, Maui, Hawaii

Cheers
Steve
Loving all these beautiful pics, hope to be taking my own soon
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I've not managed to get photo's of any good sunsets here in Edmonton yet, but I have quite a few from my old house in Texas.

The first one is the very exciting Target car park in Garland, Texas. The second and third are from my back yard in Garland, Texas and the last one is from Breckenridge Park, also in Garland, Texas.
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-ska1.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-skyk1.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-skyn1.jpg   Sunset in Calgary last nite-skb1.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one I took earlier.
Attached Thumbnails Sunset in Calgary last nite-hitler22.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar

Oh wow look at those - the colours are something else
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tangram
liar,
i took that one, sorry the quality is bad, i was flying my spitfire past at the time....
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:20 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
liar,
i took that one, sorry the quality is bad, i was flying my spitfire past at the time....
No you weren't why say you were - that was obviously taken from an SS officers secret hidden box cam - which wasn't even invented til tomorrow.

Really disappointed in you
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
No you weren't why say you were - that was obviously taken from an SS officers secret hidden box cam - which wasn't even invented til tomorrow.

Really disappointed in you
oh yeh i forgot, i invented hidden cameras...

oh and a time machine to take it back to 1943...

but that pic really was taken from my spitfire.. ask me mum if you dont believe me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.