Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

St Albert, Alberta: No low income peeps, please

St Albert, Alberta: No low income peeps, please

Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:48 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Albert, Alberta: No low income peeps, please

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Hmm, all I get from that is that is that you are just being clever or trying to irritate me. And I actually think you probably agree with me anyway, but are just being contrary.

Last edited by Alan2005; Apr 8th 2010 at 9:55 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You're going to love it in Nova Scotia.
That's ok, I grew up in France Algeria and England. Personally I get on with most people, unlike some of the BE posters!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Hmm, all I get from that is that is that you are just being clever or trying to irritate me. And I actually think you probably agree with me anyway, but are just being contrary.
Ironic that people are passing judgment on a person who they accuse of passing judgment on others isn't it?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:11 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Ironic that people are passing judgment on a person who they accuse of passing judgment on others isn't it?
Not particularly. There is judging people because of their income and "status" and there is judging people because of their attitude - I know you can see the difference.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:19 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Not particularly. There is judging people because of their income and "status" and there is judging people because of their attitude - I know you can see the difference.
thats interesting as 'generally' i have found the more normal, and by that i mean persons of more average means to be more friendly, open, accommodating, civil and nicer than those with a few bob who i have found 'generally' to be more obnoxious, stuck up, superior, condescending, patronizing and stand offish. so i would say there can be a direct correlation between attitude and wealth.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by rae
thats interesting as 'generally' i have found the more normal, and by that i mean persons of more average means to be more friendly, open, accommodating, civil and nicer than those with a few bob who i have found 'generally' to be more obnoxious, stuck up, superior, condescending, patronizing and stand offish. so i would say there can be a direct correlation between attitude and wealth.
I tend to agree. But I, personally, won't make that assumption about somebody I've just met until they open their mouths and prove it
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

I find that people with more than average tend to be more generous and generally care more than those with less. Horses for courses.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Most people are ***ts, if they're rich, then they're just rich ***ts.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

pete_hyde is an unknown quantity at this point

ive lived in st albert, my fiancee grew up there all her life. its the 2nd richest city in alberta after fort mc murray. its a great place, however, young people that grow up there need a hand to stay in the place they have grown up. st albert doesnt have any bad or rough areas as we know in the uk. this gut is pathetic and probably hasnt grown up there either
Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_hyde
ive lived in st albert, my fiancee grew up there all her life. its the 2nd richest city in alberta after fort mc murray. its a great place, however, young people that grow up there need a hand to stay in the place they have grown up. st albert doesnt have any bad or rough areas as we know in the uk. this gut is pathetic and probably hasnt grown up there either

I'd love to know how you define city.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Why was this resurrected again? Wasn't it discussed to death early last year?