Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Some love for Burtie (Burton Bunch)...

Some love for Burtie (Burton Bunch)...

Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:55 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some love for Burtie (Burton Bunch)...

.... and everyone else feeling seriously stressed and crappy because of this whole moving malarky...

I really hope it works out for you soon, particularly you Burtie cos it's pants having to do it while being away from your OH and all the additional stress involved in that.

Come and rant and rave as much as you like if it helps you even a little bit and we'll be here to offer sagely advice (or at least tell you the name of a good bottle of wine )

Love and hugs
Ki xxxx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:02 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some love for Burtie (Burton Bunch)...

Originally Posted by Ki76
.... and everyone else feeling seriously stressed and crappy because of this whole moving malarky...

I really hope it works out for you soon, particularly you Burtie cos it's pants having to do it while being away from your OH and all the additional stress involved in that.

Come and rant and rave as much as you like if it helps you even a little bit and we'll be here to offer sagely advice (or at least tell you the name of a good bottle of wine )

Love and hugs
Ki xxxx
Well said Ki

The whole emigrating thing is hard enough without going through the worst part (seeling the UK property) on your own. I really feel for Gay and am keeping everything crossed that it all comes together for her soon.

Best wishes and positive vibes to Gay and everyone else over there in Blighty waiting to make the move
T xxx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:42 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Yup, one of the most stressful things I have done so I feel for you. Seding tons of hugs x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gay

Hoping you have a MUCH better day today! Did you ge more han 3 hours sleep? I'm sure the estate agent will be on the phone to book a viewing.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Los of hugs

Joanne

Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it's a horrible process and must be real stressful doing it by yourself.

Extra hugs, karma and good house sales vibes coming your way Gay.

Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:43 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Sending you lots of support and best wishes Gaynor for you and your kids.

I know what its like being on your own (OH worked offshore for 17 years). It must be extremely tough when you are not used to it, especially for long periods of time. Oh, and lets not forget to add on selling your house and emigrating on top of that :curse: .

It's a really tough time for you all. Only thing to do is focus on the fact it won't be for much longer. Hopefully good news is only around the corner
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:47 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope the house sells soon, more love, hugs and karma off me.
Charlie
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I have also been feeling for you Gaynor, being a single parent, especially when you aren't used to it, sorting the house contents out, waiting and waiting for phone calls and having your heart jump when it rings, must be tough. Big hug to you.

Robin
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks huns

Sometime wonder if I will ever make it over there !!!! Thank god I didn't have to wait for PR would have been in a loony bin by now !!

Well there is still time

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Thanks huns

Sometime wonder if I will ever make it over there !!!! Thank god I didn't have to wait for PR would have been in a loony bin by now !!

Well there is still time

Gaynor
x
I've always been well-lucky when it comes to buying and selling property. Some house-related karma has come your way. Hopefully my luck will rub off.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers still crossed for you Gay (getting cramp now!) - hope something comes your way soon.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:40 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Fingers still crossed for you Gay (getting cramp now!) - hope something comes your way soon.
Must be a bugger to type with your fingers crossed.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:08 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a solicitor you can trust, or even a family member that you can sign over the legal stuff to handle selling the house in your absence?

That's eventually what we did. I was supposed to stay on my own until the house was sold, but after I had sent everything off in the container and the house was empty, I eventually couldn't wait that long to join the rest of them! It worked very well, but I was also very lucky, I feel!

The house was emptied, our sale had collapsed, and then our eventual buyers came while I was cleaning up, and the house DEFINITELy did not look its best! But they snapped it up anyway, full asking price, car included, and wanted to move in straight away!

Good luck with yours!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:53 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BB
Karma sent to you. We hope to get our house on the market soon - another month of decorating and we should be there - groan!
Flossie
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to have a poetic five mins for you Bertie as the Karma sent last time obvioulsy didn't work to well. Also for others with homes to sell.

May the best buyer come soon,
so that you are no longer apart
and that your place doesn't get bought,
by some grumpy old fart.
So that you can be in Lethbridge for the best part of the summer
and no longer be in the UK, which can be such a bummer.

May the sterling be strong so you convert wads of dollars,
so that you can buy the house of your dreams and not live in squalor.
So that you come Canada and live out your dream
and freeze your ar-e off like the rest of us
it will be such a scream.........

Oh crap I give up ........I was always rubbish at poems.

I hope it made you smile...I'll get me coat Nerd alert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.