Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Some difficult news from Oakvillian

Some difficult news from Oakvillian

Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some difficult news from Oakvillian

Hi again everyone,

I have spoken to Oakvillian (Doug) and he has given me permission to post the links to Rosie's funds on this thread.

There are two ways to donate.

The first is at any RBC Branch. If you are in Canada and able to do this, this is preferred as there are no fees incurred. You can go into any RBC branch and ask to make a donation to The Rosie Sparkles Fund. If you are an RBC customer, you can pay with your bank card, and if not then go in with cash. The account number is 01532 5179189.

The second is through GoFundMe. This has been set up primarily for those overseas or in areas without easy access to RBC. Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/the-rosie-sparkles-fund There is a message from Rosie's family as well as a bit more information about what happened there.

Lastly, a few people have asked about sending cards. If you want to send something, please drop me a PM.

Doug and his family are very grateful for all the support received so far. I have been passing on the many, many PMs that I have received, and I have also sent him a link to this thread. The outpouring and support from this community has been overwhelming and heartwarming.

Thank you all so much. This is truly a special community.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 3:21 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hi again everyone,

I have spoken to Oakvillian (Doug) and he has given me permission to post the links to Rosie's funds on this thread.

There are two ways to donate.

The first is at any RBC Branch. If you are in Canada and able to do this, this is preferred as there are no fees incurred. You can go into any RBC branch and ask to make a donation to The Rosie Sparkles Fund. If you are an RBC customer, you can pay with your bank card, and if not then go in with cash. The account number is 01532 5179189.

The second is through GoFundMe. This has been set up primarily for those overseas or in areas without easy access to RBC. Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/the-rosie-sparkles-fund There is a message from Rosie's family as well as a bit more information about what happened there.

Lastly, a few people have asked about sending cards. If you want to send something, please drop me a PM.

Doug and his family are very grateful for all the support received so far. I have been passing on the many, many PMs that I have received, and I have also sent him a link to this thread. The outpouring and support from this community has been overwhelming and heartwarming.

Thank you all so much. This is truly a special community.
The GoFundMe link is a doddle to use. Took me a couple of minutes, tops.

It's Oink's fault. He got me into the karma millionaire club earlier, so I was feeling generous. And why not? <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 9th 2016 at 3:45 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
The GoFundMe link is a doddle to use. Took me a couple of minutes, tops.

It's Oink's fault. He got me into the karma millionaire club earlier, so I was feeling generous. And why not? <snip>
The only downside to Go Fund Me is they obviously take a cut, so I would suggest if you have easy access to the bank, use that route but at the end of the day, however you donate, it will all help Rosie and her family.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 3:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
The only downside to Go Fund Me is they obviously take a cut, so I would suggest if you have easy access to the bank, use that route but at the end of the day, however you donate, it will all help Rosie and her family.
Yep, I did write that in my original post. If a donation at RBC is possible then that's preferred as there's no fee taken, but there is a certain conveniece as well of GFM as well as ease for overseas contributions, of which there have been quite a few.

I am blown away at the contributions so far - not even 24 hours yet and closing in on $8000... my faith in humanity is totally restored.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I did write that in my original post. If a donation at RBC is possible then that's preferred as there's no fee taken, but there is a certain conveniece as well of GFM as well as ease for overseas contributions, of which there have been quite a few.

I am blown away at the contributions so far - not even 24 hours yet and closing in on $8000... my faith in humanity is totally restored.
Fantastic response 😀
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:30 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
If I could have got to a branch easily, I would have done so. I can't, so I didn't.

Not sure why I got snipped but whatever.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

If I could have got to a branch easily, I would have done so. I can't, so I didn't.

I'm sure you would have - apologies, I read Schnook's post quickly whilst doing something else, and didn't pick up on the fact she already stated quite clearly 😕
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

A bit over that now.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure the family will be appreciative of all and any donations however received. Thank you for answering the call. Being snipped can't ever be pleasant.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I am sure the family will be appreciative of all and any donations however received. Thank you for answering the call. Being snipped can't ever be pleasant.
He's got history.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:53 pm
Concierge

Yep, that's why they family opened it up, not everyone has easy access to an RBC branch, so this allows more flexibility.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
A bit over that now.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Just pushed it a little further. Would it be ok to forward the link to work colleagues ?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Just pushed it a little further. Would it be ok to forward the link to work colleagues ?
It's hit the Facebook world so yes get it out to as many people as possible.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
It's hit the Facebook world so yes get it out to as many people as possible.
Will do. I assume the news article has disappeared from the website (in case colleagues question it ) ?

Last edited by Tangram; Dec 9th 2016 at 5:14 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen Rosie's photo on the GFM account. What a beautiful girl she is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.