Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

So what are we all having for dinner today?

So what are we all having for dinner today?

Old Oct 18th 2020, 3:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what are we all having for dinner today?

Originally Posted by MillieF
I'd probably trade the soul of unborn future relatives when it comes to lamb...

We don't often see Canadian lamb, some but not much, all of the frozen is Australian or NZ. I have seldom had a tough bit...last weekend we had Thanksgiving and my husband had got stuck somewhere and couldn't come home...he'd been gone for weeks, a thick cold frost, a raging gale and then my bloody dinner was tough just sometimes it gets too much...

I love a lamb shank and I can get them fresh, but have to order them well in advance.

We have quite a big Siriyan presence here now and I have spotted a bit of goat meat in a smaller shop, I have often eaten it at weddings but I've never cooked it. I am going to see if I could get a reasonable cut of it and try it.
I nearly died when I saw the price of lamb in the north of England! I wandered into an Iceland one day and the legs of lamb had those metal security devices attached

Not that it's that cheap here in Australia either, which is quite odd considering that we have around 70 million sheep, the second highest number in the world after China. I buy a leg to roast about once a month, it's usually around $35 (AUD). I love lamb shanks too. And Irish stew. And those curly tailed lamb chops. Hell, I just love lamb and there's a few relatives already born that I'd happily trade for it
Old Oct 18th 2020, 3:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I made chilli for dinner tonight. I achieved the perfect amount of chilli - too mild for me and too hot for the husband
Old Oct 18th 2020, 5:35 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't finished the Costco pumpkin pie from last weekend.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I like lamb, it's a rare treat I sometimes buy. Never seen fresh lamb in stores, just frozen and almost always from New Zealand, but maybe more specializes meat stores sell Canada sourced lamb.

The price of lamb is too high to ever be a staple, but we don't eat meat much in general, but of the meats generally available in store, lamb tops the list for me taste and texture wise, better than any beef or pork I have ever had.

I got tricked into eating deer once, not my cup of tea.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 5:19 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I like lamb, it's a rare treat I sometimes buy. Never seen fresh lamb in stores, just frozen and almost always from New Zealand, but maybe more specializes meat stores sell Canada sourced lamb.

The price of lamb is too high to ever be a staple, but we don't eat meat much in general, but of the meats generally available in store, lamb tops the list for me taste and texture wise, better than any beef or pork I have ever had.

I got tricked into eating deer once, not my cup of tea.
I made a venison curry once, it was nice but it was a bit dear.