Howdy all

Old Aug 17th 2020, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Howdy all

Not been on here in many moons but I thought I'd drop in to see how things are fairing on here with you chaps and chapesses?

Stay safe wherever you may be
Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Howdy all

I guess the old saying, never return to your old roots still holds firm (for some, but not everyone)

Last edited by Gray C; Aug 19th 2020 at 4:46 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
I guess the old saying, never return to your old roots still holds firm lol
...especially if they've married in the meantime

Howdy from me, even though I don't think our paths have crossed before. I hope Canada was and remains everything you expected, and more.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
...especially if they've married in the meantime

Howdy from me, even though I don't think our paths have crossed before. I hope Canada was and remains everything you expected, and more.
Long story that some of the old timers may recall. We never got to Canada. Our daughter aged 15 at the time failed the medical because she was taking growth hormone to boost her growth. She's now 5ft 9ins tall. They said she would be a burden on the Canadian medical system, but we were never going to land in Canada until her treatment was completed. Furthermore, they (CIC) banned her from entering Canada as a result.That was in 2006 and the ban still stands.

My wife still goes to Canada to visit her sister in Ontario

I guess these things are meant to test us.

Graham, Pauline & Leanne
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

When did you stop posting to BE, Gray? What have you been doing with yourself in the intervening years? Have you married? Divorced? Become a parent? Started a business? Moved provinces?

BE is a transitory place for many people. They come, like yourself, hang around, make acquaintances and then stop posting once life takes hold. There are a few of us old timers who are still here after 15 years or more.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, you answered my questions while I was typing.

Yes, I remember you and your story about being refused because of your daughter's growth meds.

Mom always said things happen for a reason. If you three are happy and living a good life, then the denial was to your benefit.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think I joined here in 2004?

I stopped posting after our refusal, but still visit occasionally out of curiosity really.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Oops, you answered my questions while I was typing.

Yes, I remember you and your story about being refused because of your daughter's growth meds.

Mom always said things happen for a reason. If you three are happy and living a good life, then the denial was to your benefit.
I think you are right about that. Maybe it was not meant to be
Old Aug 20th 2020, 2:46 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I remember you, hope you are well, nice to see a old face!
Old Aug 20th 2020, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I remember you, hope you are well, nice to see a old face!
You too. I hope you are keeping well
Old Aug 20th 2020, 8:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Long story that some of the old timers may recall. We never got to Canada. Our daughter aged 15 at the time failed the medical because she was taking growth hormone to boost her growth. She's now 5ft 9ins tall. They said she would be a burden on the Canadian medical system, but we were never going to land in Canada until her treatment was completed. Furthermore, they (CIC) banned her from entering Canada as a result.That was in 2006 and the ban still stands.

My wife still goes to Canada to visit her sister in Ontario

I guess these things are meant to test us.

Graham, Pauline & Leanne
Blimey, must have been before my time as I don't recall it but that's awful! What was she banned for, was she given an Exclusion Order and if so, when does that end?

Welcome back to the forum.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Even though she was only 15 they thought she might want to enter Canada and not leave again. Ridiculous I know, but they actually said that if she attempted to enter Canada, even with us, she would be stopped at immigration and returned to the UK. This was a lifetime ban and as far as we aware its still in force. We've never tested it.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Post duplicated
Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Even though she was only 15 they thought she might want to enter Canada and not leave again. Ridiculous I know, but they actually said that if she attempted to enter Canada, even with us, she would be stopped at immigration and returned to the UK. This was a lifetime ban and as far as we aware its still in force. We've never tested it.
Are you sure she's banned? What official documentation were you given?
Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had a letter, got it somewhere, where it clearly stated she would not be allowed to enter the country and would be deported back to the UK. We've never tested it because Leanne has stated that she never wants to enter Canada again after this. She still feels this way now. Pauline, her mother, visits her sister occasionally but that's about it .

We were very bitter and angry for a long time, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then and we are content not to visit now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.