The smokers thread

Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The smokers thread

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
Just seen this yep I'm still smoke free and best of all OH stopped round about Christmas time and he's still smoke free as well.

Congrats to everybody who has done it and Good Luck to all those trying

Oh by the way if anybody does know how to shift the weight please, please let me in on the secret

Rosie

Well done Rosie and to everyone else who has managed to continue with not smoking.......and an extra well done to anyone who has managed NOT to gain weight during the process.....as for the rest of us.......there's another thread on this forum that we can now join!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:07 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Today is the first anniversary of being smoke free so I thought I'd resurrect this thread to see how everyone else is doing, especially the following, who all gave up in and around 2007:

Purple80 - Charlie

Britishvixen

Raine66

Blue eyes2002

Printer

Mad City Fan

Arris's husband

Jo and Andy +2

RodRos&co

Moondevil

Boxerdog03

Jenna

Gill_Andy_Grew

Sandy Blue

Sans

Burton Bunch and Kate White also mentioned that they were going to stop smoking too. How have you done?

I have not had a single cigarette since stopping last July 4th and although there are still occasions when I miss the social side of smoking, like joining the little smoking circle at work that meet outside during the day,...... and after a long bike ride, (motor cycle), when stopping at a cafe, ....and there's those after dinner ciggies too, ....but I know that I won't have one because I worked damn hard to resist and suffered lots of stress, as did my family, so I continue not to smoke.........

I still struggle with my weight, being about 2.5 stone overweight, but I am far fitter and more active than I was before. We also notice the difference to our budget, and can save that £140 that I used to spend on smoking, actually we save £200 between us in our 'Canada holiday' fund.

So to anyone reading this for the first time.......there are lots of tips on here about different ways of stopping smoking but at the end of the day.....and you all know this.....you really have to want to stop, that was what was different for me last July, it wasn't an attempt or a half-hearted effort and I wasn't going to submit to 'just one cigarette', I was stopping and that was that. It was bloody hard but I am now very proud to have got where I am... here and now writing this.....so good luck to all of you smokers out there that are on the brink of stopping, and come here to tell us how you are doing........
FAILED........

Now the children nag as well, call me smokey and try to stop me going outside for a smoke!

Have promised I will give it another go in Canada, I arrive on the 24th August, so freedom day is approaching. Just want to get the whole emigrating, fighting a court case done. Then will give it another bash.

Well done to those who succeeded.....

Charlie
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

I'm not a smoker myself (gave up day before my 30th b'day) but my friend's emigrating and smokes occasionally (e.g. a couple when she drinks, only at night) but also gave up about the same time as me (with my help, I might add!) but she's weakened recently cos of a lot of stress and personal problems.

Anyhoo, she doesn't have much access to internet so I said I'd ask for her... When it comes to her medicals, because she doesn't smoke 'full time' and has only recently weakened to the habit (and has assured me it's a temporary thing till she sorts herself out), if she says to the doctor that she doesn't smoke, can he somehow find out that she's lying? Will it show on the x-ray or in her blood tests that she smokes sometimes (assuming she's not got any damage from having smoked years ago before she gave up). She's otherwise fit and healthy and puts me to shame with her lack of junk food and alcohol (I do love my red wine...! ) and she's worried that the doc will know she smokes, even if she abstains for a month before going to her medical (I told her she'd smell of smoke and have yellow fingers if she didn't stop before her medical, hehe).

If anyone can help / advise she'd be really grateful

Anita
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

hi, i read the alan carr books 4 times, bought each new edition, went to his seminars, and kept the books by my bed for months! Then one day something in my brain switched and i just stopped, i think i was well and truly fed up with fags controlling me, it was more stressful trying be able to smoke (ie kids, public places etc), than the thought of not smoking! Best descion i have ever made, and i don't miss them at all! ( only a teensy bit after a load of wine!)
Good luck!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

lucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant future

Allen Carr did it for me..... read the book, had a hangover the day after I finished the book so felt too ill to smoke, then decided I would give his teachings a go, and that was on 29th Feb 2004 - have never gone back, have never cheated, and am now so anti-smoking I amaze myself - everytime I go into a charity shop and see his book I buy it and give it to my friends but it does not work for them....... I hope you can give up beacuse smoking is so stressful.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:39 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

yawn yawn yawn
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
yawn yawn yawn
Not sleeping again
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:42 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Not sleeping again
Just bored
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seanyg
I'm not a smoker myself (gave up day before my 30th b'day) but my friend's emigrating and smokes occasionally (e.g. a couple when she drinks, only at night) but also gave up about the same time as me (with my help, I might add!) but she's weakened recently cos of a lot of stress and personal problems.

Anyhoo, she doesn't have much access to internet so I said I'd ask for her... When it comes to her medicals, because she doesn't smoke 'full time' and has only recently weakened to the habit (and has assured me it's a temporary thing till she sorts herself out), if she says to the doctor that she doesn't smoke, can he somehow find out that she's lying? Will it show on the x-ray or in her blood tests that she smokes sometimes (assuming she's not got any damage from having smoked years ago before she gave up). She's otherwise fit and healthy and puts me to shame with her lack of junk food and alcohol (I do love my red wine...! ) and she's worried that the doc will know she smokes, even if she abstains for a month before going to her medical (I told her she'd smell of smoke and have yellow fingers if she didn't stop before her medical, hehe).

If anyone can help / advise she'd be really grateful

Anita

anyone...? (i told her this site was a wealth of information - don't let me down, guys!)
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:43 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

anyone...? (i told her this site was a wealth of information - don't let me down, guys!)
I don't know why she would lie...Smoking is not illegal in Canada and they let smokers in so just be honest, right???
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why she wants to lie! What's the point?

Better just to tell the truth and not have a lie on her conscience....CHC don't like lies.....and most people on here would say the same. Things are as they are.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I don't understand why she wants to lie! What's the point?

Better just to tell the truth and not have a lie on her conscience....CHC don't like lies.....and most people on here would say the same. Things are as they are.
already had this discussion with her but i think she thinks it'll go against her. to be honest i don't want to nag her and it's her life, i just wanted to be able to reassure her (she's quite a stressy person!) that if she did say she doesn't smoke (cos she's adamant it's just a 'relapse' of her new, non-smoking self) they won't be able to find out she does really.

at the end of the day i can't make her tell the truth but i can (hopefully) put her mind at rest if she does decide to lie.

anita
Old Jul 30th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

p.s. forgot to say, i also gave up with allen carr and would definitely recommend him. never looked back since

Anita
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Myself and OH both smoke and are not the slimmest of people, when asked on medical's we just told the truth, no comment made and everything was fine.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emmabell
Myself and OH both smoke and are not the slimmest of people, when asked on medical's we just told the truth, no comment made and everything was fine.
did they not do extra checks, knowing that you smoke? i thought you'd get points deducted or something. oh well it's something positive to tell my mate, and it's ironic really - one of the main reasons i stopped smoking 2 years ago (apart from trying for a baby) was because i thought it would affect our medicals. i'm still glad i stopped though, although occasionally i miss it... normally when my friend's round ours for a drink and she lights up and i smell the smoke. ahhhhh......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.