Skiing Okanagan

Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

saskia07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skiing Okanagan

Hi guys

I've been to the Okanagan and skiied Big White and Silver Star, and visited Sun Peaks. What's the learned view on which are the best resorts in the Okanagan, there's one Penticton way as well isn't there? I'm a middle of the road type of gal, not really up to Black Diamonds (!), and would appreciate views....

Sas
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Skiing Okanagan

Also meant to ask couple of other things....when I was over last someone mentioned a ski development called Kelowna Mountain, up in the Mission area, is this being built right now? When's it due for completion?

Are any of the 2010 Olympic Winter Olympic events coming from the Okanagan? Someone again, said that Big White might be a host?

Thanks Sas
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saskia07
Are any of the 2010 Olympic Winter Olympic events coming from the Okanagan? Someone again, said that Big White might be a host?
I don't believe that's the case - all events are in Vancouver/Whistler afaik.

That's not to say that interior hills won't be used as pre-games training venues. The Austrians, for example, use Sun Peaks already as their pre FIS World Cup training base.

As a middle of the road skier, you've probably already found the resorts that are appropriate for your ability - once you're bored with them (and can manage the black runs), then get in touch with a friend of mine that runs this operation: http://www.mustangpowder.com/default.htm

Last edited by R I C H; Mar 13th 2008 at 8:37 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by R I C H
I don't believe that's the case - all events are in Vancouver/Whistler afaik.

That's not to say that interior hills won't be used as pre-games training venues. The Austrians, for example, use Sun Peaks already as their pre FIS World Cup training base.

As a middle of the road skier, you've probably already found the resorts that are appropriate for your ability - once you're bored with them (and can manage the black runs), then get in touch with a friend of mine that runs this operation: http://www.mustangpowder.com/default.htm
Thanks, RICH, took a look at the website....wow! Sas
PS See you're in Kamloops, I was up that way a couple of weeks ago, and toddled off to Sun Peaks.....
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:57 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the learned view on which are the best resorts in the Okanagan, there's one Penticton way as well isn't there?
What does that marketing-speak bollocks mean, exactly ? You sound like you just subscribed to some business-waffle e-seminar and had to rush out to prove to teacher that you listened to the mindless drivel.

Anyway, check out the smaller resorts such as Mount Baldy, Apex, and much less so, Crystal.

R.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rich_007
What does that marketing-speak bollocks mean, exactly ? You sound like you just subscribed to some business-waffle e-seminar and had to rush out to prove to teacher that you listened to the mindless drivel.

Anyway, check out the smaller resorts such as Mount Baldy, Apex, and much less so, Crystal.

R.
Thanks for such a warm welcome to the site. Good to meet you too.

Still suffering from jet lag, so apologies if my style of writing doesn't meet with your approval.

Will check out the smaller resorts, thanks. Sas
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:07 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for such a warm welcome to the site. Good to meet you too.
Ha! It's a pleasure. At least I was brusque and helpful, unlike some of the other brusque and unhelpful turnips on here.

R.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:57 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Ha! It's a pleasure. At least I was brusque and helpful, unlike some of the other brusque and unhelpful turnips on here.

R.
A silent turnip can be more helpful than a turnip with false information. - lol

Personally I have only skii'd here in Kamloops - we have a small resort - harper - great for afternoon runs - cheap and cheerful with only a few runs - otherwise it is sunpeaks with just about every sort of run you could want. I havn't been anywhere else because I live here and don't need to.

Hey Rich - do I class as a turnip? or just a rail-track weed - lol
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

R.

Well thank you anyway, whether brusque and/or unhelpful, or indeed, a turnip.

Pompous Sas x
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:28 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Airseir
Hey Rich - do I class as a turnip? or just a rail-track weed - lol
An organically grown and uhmm "aromatic" rail-track weed.

Ha !

R.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:57 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

An organically grown and uhmm "aromatic" rail-track weed.

Ha !

R.
Thats good to know - lol