Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sitting here stewing and wondering?Interview outcome???

Sitting here stewing and wondering?Interview outcome???

Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:08 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sitting here stewing and wondering?Interview outcome???

Right OH parked up in the UK on Sunday for an interview that was arranged with a very quick turnaround with a big aviation company.

He had the interview which lasted about an hour. Mainly the interviewers did the talking, they talked start dates, they talked money, they talked training and where he would want to live, they also sent him away with a load of paperwork and paid his expenses of getting there............

Sounds good eh?

Well actually, maybe not.......then they said we will contact you over the next 2 to 3 of weeks???????????? Now the only advert I seen for the job had no closing date on it - so I am a bit confused. His experience matched completely, and it was them doing all the talking and asking him when he could start??? So not sure what that's all about

He says it went really well and was more like a chat, no grilling or anything as they all kind of know each other from previous employment, but he's confused too!

What do you guys reckon
A confused
Mrs M x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:16 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sitting here stewing and wondering?Interview outcome???

I'm guessing that either the interviewers had no real interview training, or that they're hoping more people allpy for the job.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:53 am

Probably both thinking about it!!!

You have to laugh eh?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Location: Just outside Chilliwack area in Rosedale. BC (in the country)
Lesley2339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Right OH parked up in the UK on Sunday for an interview that was arranged with a very quick turnaround with a big aviation company.

He had the interview which lasted about an hour. Mainly the interviewers did the talking, they talked start dates, they talked money, they talked training and where he would want to live, they also sent him away with a load of paperwork and paid his expenses of getting there............

Sounds good eh?

Well actually, maybe not.......then they said we will contact you over the next 2 to 3 of weeks???????????? Now the only advert I seen for the job had no closing date on it - so I am a bit confused. His experience matched completely, and it was them doing all the talking and asking him when he could start??? So not sure what that's all about

He says it went really well and was more like a chat, no grilling or anything as they all kind of know each other from previous employment, but he's confused too!

What do you guys reckon
A confused
Mrs M x
Hi Mrs Miggins,
Yes it is frustrating when that happens, if he knows them well enough, he should be able to call them and ask. If the 2-3 weeks are up phone them and ask where is it sitting right now? What are the possibilities. Many interviews I have had when the interviewers do most of the talking already know my qualifications and experience and they want me to know the job to see if I would like it. In all accounts I got the jobs and I feel your OH has got it also, maybe just to have a little paitence. That's what I think anyway.. Good Luck sounds good.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:28 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Know exactly where you're coming from.......

I applied for a 3 month contract job back in mid February, didn't here a thing and then right out of the blue got a phone call to go for an interview mid March.

To be honest I thought I had completely blown it, and then a week later got another call saying they want to move onto the next step that being contacting my references. One of my references emailed me and told me she had been contacted and that everything looked really good, this was two weeks ago now and I haven't heard a dicky bird back about the job.

I'm just finding this really annoying considering it's only a temp job, which ok they have said could go full time, but come on, how long do they expect people to hand around?

Now don't know if I should contact them.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good eh?

What do you guys reckon
A confused
Mrs M x
Well the fact that they paid his expenses and they know him bodes well as far as i can see, so maybe the start date was important, how long did he say ?
How much notice does he have to give to the job he has now ?

I would give it a week or so and then call if he knows them i am sure that will be okay, good luck whatever you or he decides
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

It does sound as though it went well, however maybe they have to interview more people as a matter of course before slamming the offer down firmly in front of your o/h!

It's a tough call waiting and wondering, however it does sound promising.

Godd luck x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:14 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this interview for the job in the UK or was it one in Canada?

Either way best of luck to Mr Miggins.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:56 pm

It was the UK Steve....

And like I said it's only that they "kinda" know each other - aviaition tends to be a boys club where it's all about word of mouth....I don't have a good feeling to be honest........ which in the meantime leave us with sorting out what the heck we are going to next.

Then late yesterday, as he was at the airport hotel - the poor bugger gets an email from another company (who work with gov contracts so worth the hassel) to have an interview with them. So it looks as though he's off back in June again!

Mmmmm, I don't know......

Mrs M x