Shipping Rant!!!!!

Old Aug 11th 2012, 4:02 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Rant!!!!!

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
sounds like a plan, do you have the address?
Did you find it? It's nowhere bear the ocean in Sidney, it's near the airport.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:28 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

This is the place (Not that I've been but sounds good!)

Fish and Chips

9535 Canora Rd
Sidney

250-655-4450
Old Aug 11th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Animal

Fish and Chips

9535 Canora Rd
Sidney

250-655-4450
very kind, thank you x
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:32 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Fish and Chips

9535 Canora Rd
Sidney

250-655-4450
Yes sorry, that's the one.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:00 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Like the time approaching your life being packed up isn't stressful enough...!

We're getting packed up the week after next and going with GBLiners. Heard many good things about them when deciding who to go with and had many recommendations. They were also the best to deal with in over the phone and made the best impression in person. This was compared to White & Co, Fox, Britannia Willis & Pickfords.

Oh well the deed is done now and I will shell out for insurance with a smile on my face
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

calgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Like the time approaching your life being packed up isn't stressful enough...!

We're getting packed up the week after next and going with GBLiners. Heard many good things about them when deciding who to go with and had many recommendations. They were also the best to deal with in over the phone and made the best impression in person. This was compared to White & Co, Fox, Britannia Willis & Pickfords.

Oh well the deed is done now and I will shell out for insurance with a smile on my face
Do you know who your receiving agents at this side are?...... We have been told it was them who did the damage to our stuff..our friend used gb liners at the same time as us and his receiving agents were bryter and he had only a few minor breakages
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:54 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by calgeo
Do you know who your receiving agents at this side are?...... We have been told it was them who did the damage to our stuff..our friend used gb liners at the same time as us and his receiving agents were bryter and he had only a few minor breakages
Hiya, no I don't know but I now know to ask on Monday when I call them. Cheers!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:29 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calgeo
You will always get a first rate job from Brytor
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
You will always get a first rate job from Brytor
Have you no shame woman
This happens a lot stuff is loaded into container at one end. Then trucked to seaport. Then loaded onto ship. Then transported by sea carrier. Then off loaded at destination port. Loaded onto the train or truck and shipped to warehouse or intermodal terminal.
You then unpack the trailer and find goods damaged. You then claim on the insurance and now the fighting begins who damaged it.
With so many people handling the container who do you hold responsible?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Have you no shame woman
This happens a lot stuff is loaded into container at one end. Then trucked to seaport. Then loaded onto ship. Then transported by sea carrier. Then off loaded at destination port. Loaded onto the train or truck and shipped to warehouse or intermodal terminal.
You then unpack the trailer and find goods damaged. You then claim on the insurance and now the fighting begins who damaged it.
With so many people handling the container who do you hold responsible?
Who cares? You only had a contract with one of them - that is the one responsible. If they wish to blame another, let them. It should be of no concern to the OP.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

FirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by el_richo
Yes sorry, that's the one.
I was also mistaken. Right place, wrong name.
The place all the way down towards the ocean and turn left is the "Rum Runner".

Same qualification applies: good drink but the food does not justify the price (it catches the tourist trade from the Ferries). I would recommend the 'Stone House Pub' tucked up in the trees behind the Ferry Port.

Across the road from the Rum Runner there is the Sidney Hotel (not so seedy these days I am led to believe) where one can rent Scuba kit from the shop underneath.

Mary's Blue Moon Cafe used to be on the Canora Road Airport site, and was, in the 80s a good old Sweet shop, frequented by many an Air Cadet in the day.

I cannot confirm if it is currently a Fish & Chip Shop.

FROTSUK
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:42 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by FirstRatofftheShipUK
I was also mistaken. Right place, wrong name.
The place all the way down towards the ocean and turn left is the "Rum Runner".

Same qualification applies: good drink but the food does not justify the price (it catches the tourist trade from the Ferries). I would recommend the 'Stone House Pub' tucked up in the trees behind the Ferry Port.

Across the road from the Rum Runner there is the Sidney Hotel (not so seedy these days I am led to believe) where one can rent Scuba kit from the shop underneath.

Mary's Blue Moon Cafe used to be on the Canora Road Airport site, and was, in the 80s a good old Sweet shop, frequented by many an Air Cadet in the day.

I cannot confirm if it is currently a Fish & Chip Shop.

FROTSUK
The Stone House is nice too. Had a good lunch there a few times.

Mary's is a pub/restaurant that does quite a few other items on the menu. My favourite is the fish & chips. It's one the the better fish and chips i've had since living here.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:34 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I love these threads. This one started off as a rant about removal companies and it's gone onto pubs and fish & chip shops
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

FirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really nice

I love these threads. This one started off as a rant about removal companies and it's gone onto pubs and fish & chip shops
...and Scuba Diving, don't forget the Scuba Diving.

FROTSUK
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I can bring it back to shipping! Now my bloody leaking vessel has limped into Halifax and The powers that be have decided to pull my container for inspection! So we have another delay of possibly two weeks for them to get round to have a poke at it, and I get to pay extra for the service! Oh joy unlimited...my bottom is now the shape of this blasted white garden chair, and I hate this blow up hot and sweaty rubber matress....bring on the fish and chips, I may as well fully grow into the garden chair!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.