Shipping Dog's

Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Shipping Dog's

Hi
Has anyone had experience with shipping a dog recently? I am trying to get an idea of cost and time scale?

Cheers
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Dog's

Do it yourself dogs !!

Hi Colin,
The thread above, a couple of pages ago on the Canada page may have some info for you.
Tina

Last edited by albertabound; Apr 11th 2009 at 11:28 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

katie1962 will become famous soon enough

We used a good company who made the box and arranged for her safekeeping at both Manchester and Toronto. Was fairly pricey, but I think they all are. If you want more details, send me an email and I can give you all the information we have.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Hi have just been quoted £712.00 including cage from Gatwick - Toronto
x
Old Apr 11th 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

blake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by colin2496
Hi
Has anyone had experience with shipping a dog recently? I am trying to get an idea of cost and time scale?

Cheers
Hi,

We made the move to Vancouver from London on the 4th of march with both our dog & cat.

We made all the arrangements directly with BA ourselves and dropped them at the cargo handling area at Heathrow just before going on to the passenger terminal to catch the same flight.

The process was very simple (provided you have all the right paperwork and crates etc.) and the staff at both ends really considerate.

Total cost for the flight was 1,100 plus about another 250 in the weeks running up to the move for vets bills (rabbies vaccines for both of them & a final fit to travel check up) bill for both the crates was around 100

So all in all not a cheap process, but they arrived safe and sound and are absolutely loving their new life here (sorry for the sentimentality non-pet lovers)

I couldn't resist snapping a photo on my phone as they sent both crates side by side through the x-ray machine at Heathrow cargo. looks like the cat is riding on the dog.

Good luck with your move
Attached Thumbnails Shipping Dog's-04032009235.jpg   Shipping Dog's-04032009238.jpg  
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colin2496
Hi

Cheers
Hi Colin,

the breakdown of mine is also in the thread that albrtabound suggests. where are you going from and to?

kae
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

We did it ourselves and went with Air Canada two small dogs $245CAD each. BA wanted £1100 GBP Rabies jab and certificate to fly is all they needed. Also paid about $10-15 to clear them through customs.