Segway

Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:12 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Segway

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I don't really find the segway incident funny 'cos there's no real segue from the ownership of the company to the death of the owner.

Or maybe I'm being pedantic.
I don't expect the segue from this life to the next was as smooth as he would have wanted.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:13 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Can we do Marie Curie next?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:29 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Can we do Marie Curie next?
Bit different... Marie Curie died while carrying out valuable research which has since benefitted the lives of millions.

Segway Boss Man died while playing near a cliff on a dangerous toy which he marketed to people too lazy to walk.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:41 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

I don't really find the segway incident funny 'cos there's no real segue from the ownership of the company to the death of the owner.

Or maybe I'm being pedantic.
Segue: It means continue (the next section) without a pause.

I believe this fits very well. He was the owner of the Segway company. "Think I'll just drive up the edge of this cliff to get a better look. Arrrrrrrrr....." (seconds later) He's the ex owner of the company.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_B
Segue: It means continue (the next section) without a pause.

I believe this fits very well. He was the owner of the Segway company. "Think I'll just drive up the edge of this cliff to get a better look. Arrrrrrrrr....." (seconds later) He's the ex owner of the company.
Pretty boring story all things considered....not much of a 'cliff hanger'! I suppose things kinda ran away with him.....
Old Sep 29th 2010, 5:57 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macadian
Pretty boring story all things considered....not much of a 'cliff hanger'! I suppose things kinda ran away with him.....
I wonder what went through his mind when he went over the edge. "F'ing segway!!!..." "The wife always said it would be the death of me."

Last edited by John_B; Sep 29th 2010 at 6:05 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:01 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I don't expect the segue from this life to the next was as smooth as he would have wanted.
<queue music>

There's a mister who's sure, All that glitters is gold, And he's riding a segway to heaven.....
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Bit like this thread then! Downhill all the way
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Bit like this thread then! Downhill all the way
This forum needs flare-ups. So boring at times.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:45 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
I think it's funny but not laugh out loud funny, as do 99.99998% of the people on this forum, especially those ones who won't admit it.
Can you show how you derived that statistic? The mathematical types may wish to verify your calculations.